Pay to play

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Pay to play
WikiLeaks has dropped some more hacked DNC documents. Among the documents is a list of 100,000 donors. It appears some of the largest donors to the DNC and Obama received ambassadorships during the time Hillary was SoS. One guy that donated 3.5 million became the chairman of the FCC.

Apparently this is just the tip of the iceberg. The related emails will be released in the weeks to come.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2016, 03:57 PM
RE: Pay to play
And there's gonna be every bit as many examples of Trump doing the exact same thing. I think there were a couple that just came out recently.

#sigh
14-09-2016, 04:12 PM
(14-09-2016 03:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  WikiLeaks has dropped some more hacked DNC documents. Among the documents is a list of 100,000 donors. It appears some of the largest donors to the DNC and Obama received ambassadorships during the time Hillary was SoS. One guy that donated 3.5 million became the chairman of the FCC.

Apparently this is just the tip of the iceberg. The related emails will be released in the weeks to come.

Ambassadorships are traditionally subject to nepotism and favoritism. I am not sure when, but I have heard this exact story decades ago also.

The more things change the more they are the same.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-09-2016, 04:14 PM
(14-09-2016 03:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And there's gonna be every bit as many examples of Trump doing the exact same thing. I think there were a couple that just came out recently.

Do you not have a problem with these revelations?
Granted it could be nothing. I'm sure its only illegal if they "bought" the position through a prior agreement to donate. Like what happened to that governor (Illinois I think). But the emails *might* prove that is exactly what happened. We shall see.

14-09-2016, 04:14 PM
And I am starting to seriously consider the possibility that Trump set up the hacking and publishing.... there must be a wealth of stuff about his "businesses" and taxes, but no one is hacking him.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-09-2016, 04:29 PM
(14-09-2016 04:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  And I am starting to seriously consider the possibility that Trump set up the hacking and publishing.... there must be a wealth of stuff about his "businesses" and taxes, but no one is hacking him.

Check Newsweek. Trump is balls deep in shady deals around the globe. And so very many of them are failures and scandals.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
14-09-2016, 04:34 PM
(14-09-2016 03:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  WikiLeaks has dropped some more hacked DNC documents. Among the documents is a list of 100,000 donors. It appears some of the largest donors to the DNC and Obama received ambassadorships during the time Hillary was SoS. One guy that donated 3.5 million became the chairman of the FCC.

For good or bad, this is common. Political appointments generally go to people who raise and donate money. I have a friend who worked for Chris Christe in the US Attorney's office in NJ. Per him, Christe used to say he got the appointment because of all the money he raised for Bush. And, while I think he's a shitty governor I do think he was very good as the U.S.Attorney in NJ. This stuff is common.

Besides, Obama's approval rating is up near 60%. No one is going to give a fuck.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
14-09-2016, 04:43 PM
(14-09-2016 04:34 PM)BnW Wrote:  

For good or bad, this is common. Political appointments generally go to people who raise and donate money. I have a friend who worked for Chris Christe in the US Attorney's office in NJ. Per him, Christe used to say he got the appointment because of all the money he raised for Bush. And, while I think he's a shitty governor I do think he was very good as the U.S.Attorney in NJ. This stuff is common.

Besides, Obama's approval rating is up near 60%. No one is going to give a fuck.

As I said, we will soon find out if the positions were sold through a prior agreement or if they just got hooked up after the fact.

And the RealClearPolitics average for Obama's approval rating is 51%. Not bad, but not good either. Just split down the middle. More proof of our partisan problem in this country.

14-09-2016, 04:56 PM
(14-09-2016 04:14 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 03:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And there's gonna be every bit as many examples of Trump doing the exact same thing. I think there were a couple that just came out recently.

Do you not have a problem with these revelations?

I have a much bigger problem with an official of the International Arabian Horse Association being appointed head of FEMA because, well he's an official of the International Arabian Horse Association and they have to deal with natural disasters every day.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-09-2016, 05:56 PM
(14-09-2016 04:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 04:34 PM)BnW Wrote:  For good or bad, this is common. Political appointments generally go to people who raise and donate money. I have a friend who worked for Chris Christe in the US Attorney's office in NJ. Per him, Christe used to say he got the appointment because of all the money he raised for Bush. And, while I think he's a shitty governor I do think he was very good as the U.S.Attorney in NJ. This stuff is common.

As I said, we will soon find out if the positions were sold through a prior agreement or if they just got hooked up after the fact.

And the RealClearPolitics average for Obama's approval rating is 51%. Not bad, but not good either. Just split down the middle. More proof of our partisan problem in this country.

Last week I saw his numbers were at 58%. But, even if it's 51%, that's pretty good for a president in the last 4 months of his second term. Was Bush even in double digits at this point in his presidency? If he was, it wasn't by much. Bill Clinton wasn't that low, but he was no where near 50% as I recall. Obama is probably the most popular second term president since Ike.

I think some of that is how awesome he looks compared to either of his likely replacements. It's like we are all saying "PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US IN THE HANDS OF THAT FREAK SHOW!". If it meant no Clinton or Trump, I'd vote for Obama for a third term, and I didn't vote for him to have a second.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost