Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
No human says "gelatin dessert." That would be feckin weird m8.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
21-04-2017, 11:05 AM
(21-04-2017 10:56 AM)cactus Wrote:  No human says "gelatin dessert." That would be feckin weird m8.

Nah man everyone just says jello, was just explaining why we say it. Kind of how Brits say Hoover instead of vacuum.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-04-2017, 11:23 AM
(21-04-2017 10:48 AM)Walluin Wrote:  Um what you call Jello, is what we call Jelly.
And you call scones biscuits, so we say scones and jam, you say biscuits and jelly???
Okay so...
The guy that started Adidas was called Adolf Dasler, his nickname was Adi (rhymes with baddy)
He called his company Adi-Das.

My little brother came home from school a couple years ago, and said (at the table), "May I please have some of that *gelatinous substance* (Jello) ?" (which I guess they learned in science).
Everyone hooted, and it stuck. He will never live it down.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-04-2017, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2017 12:31 PM by Mr. Boston.)
In the USA we make distinctions between fruit flavored goo in the following varieties, though I can't say I know exactly how each is defined:
1. Jello, or "gelatin dessert" if it's off-brand, as others have pointed out.
2. Jelly
3. Jam
4. Preserves

I don't know exactly where the dividing line is between what is considered one type or another but I think it has something to do with how much intact fruit matter is present in the solution. To my understanding jelly is a smooth uniform translucent consistency with no seeds or fruit pulp or tissue of any kind. It's highly processed and also easily spreadable. This is what's used in your traditional PB&J sandwich. Jam I believe may have seeds and small chunks of fruit pulp or flesh and a lumpier consistency and preserves may even have whole intact fruits in it. At least that's my perception whether that has any bearing on the actual classification system and etymology used by the Fruit-Flavored Goo Association of America or not is beyond me.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
21-04-2017, 11:50 AM
(21-04-2017 10:48 AM)Walluin Wrote:  Um what you call Jello, is what we call Jelly.
And you call scones biscuits, so we say scones and jam, you say biscuits and jelly???
Okay so...
The guy that started Adidas was called Adolf Dasler, his nickname was Adi (rhymes with baddy)
He called his company Adi-Das.

Y'all can call Jello Jelly if you want. Just like you can call anything that's for dessert a "pudding." Did you know that Jell-O makes pudding, too?

We call your jam, variously, jelly, jam, or preserves; different names for different preparation methods. Also we call some similar fruit-based products butter (apple butter, for example).

No, we don't call scones biscuits. Biscuits are lovely, flaky, light creations that accompany meals, and while you can have them with jam, you can also have them with honey or butter or gravy. They're served warm. They can be sweet or savory but are always yummy.

Scones are a specific type of pastry, dry, usually vaguely triangular, that people order and then don't finish (because there's not enough jam in the universe to make a scone delicious).

Interesting to know how Adidas was intended to be pronounced--blame whoever marketed it to the US for saying it in the other way in the ads--now I will get a bit of a thrill from saying it the wrong way.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
21-04-2017, 12:07 PM
If I had to choose between a biscuit and a scone, I would probably choose the scone. Scones are yummy. Yes, they are dry, but that's why you usually have them with a warm beverage (coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc.). Same goes for the Italian biscotti, which are also very dry -- and yummy.

Tongue
21-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Buncha wusses, gooing up fingers and mouths with sugar ick. No standard issue Murikn Man would find satisfaction in anything so - unconstipating.

Now THIS is what REAL Murikn men live on:

[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
21-04-2017, 12:14 PM
(21-04-2017 11:50 AM)julep Wrote:  Scones are a specific type of pastry, dry, usually vaguely triangular, that people order and then don't finish (because there's not enough jam in the universe to make a scone delicious).

Can I give this comment multiple thumbs up?

[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
21-04-2017, 12:16 PM
(21-04-2017 12:10 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Buncha wusses, gooing up fingers and mouths with sugar ick. No standard issue Murikn Man would find satisfaction in anything so - unconstipating.

Now THIS is what REAL Murikn men live on:

That's an awesome sandwich! Drooling Except leave out the Worcestershire sauce, that stuff is poison to my body- I'm allergic to some ingredient(s) in it.
21-04-2017, 12:17 PM
(21-04-2017 12:10 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  

They left the meat to sit out for four hours? Eww, fucking gross.