Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
(21-04-2017 12:58 PM)julep Wrote:  
(21-04-2017 12:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  If I had to choose between a biscuit and a scone, I would probably choose the scone. Scones are yummy. Yes, they are dry, but that's why you usually have them with a warm beverage (coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc.). Same goes for the Italian biscotti, which are also very dry -- and yummy.

Tongue

Yeah, but biscotti (love them) are specifically made to be dipped in the beverage, and shaped for that purpose. I adore that soaked up effect. I haven't ever seen people dunk scones--the texture hasn't suggested it to me--but maybe I will try that the next time I am put in the position of having to eat a scone. (gun to my head, etc.)

Scones have their place and that place is Traditional English Tea. Biscuits on the other hand are good all the time with or without Jelly or Jam and especially with thick sausage gravy.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-04-2017, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2017 02:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-04-2017 01:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2017 12:58 PM)julep Wrote:  Yeah, but biscotti (love them) are specifically made to be dipped in the beverage, and shaped for that purpose. I adore that soaked up effect. I haven't ever seen people dunk scones--the texture hasn't suggested it to me--but maybe I will try that the next time I am put in the position of having to eat a scone. (gun to my head, etc.)

Scones have their place and that place is Traditional English Tea. Biscuits on the other hand are good all the time with or without Jelly or Jam and especially with thick sausage gravy.

We have orange flavored scones in our little bakery.
The place for them, is breakfast, lunch, tea, supper and snacks.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-04-2017, 01:29 PM
(21-04-2017 12:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2017 12:57 PM)Walluin Wrote:  Oh and that is Jam in the pics

You misuse the word Jam then. In that picture is a smooth clear thickened juice with no seeds or pulp so it is not Jam.
[Image: 051114091-01-jelly-jam-preserves_xlg_xl.jpg]

YES! Great photo. Jelly, Jam and Preserves are different. I don't care for preserves though. The slimy lumps kinda make me gag. Jam is best. Jelly won't spread very well, so Jam it is.

I take a spoon, scoop out some peanut butter and eat it off the spoon. Yum.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-04-2017, 02:11 PM
(21-04-2017 01:00 PM)julep Wrote:  
(21-04-2017 12:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This thread is about Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and yet we had not one picture of said sandwich.

Also we have not discussed Fluff and fluffernutter sandwiches, but I don't want Walluin's head to explode.

mmmm now I want one.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
21-04-2017, 04:48 PM
(21-04-2017 09:53 AM)Walluin Wrote:  (This is a 'Why is America so Weird?' rant)
I might upset some people (Americans) and this may get moved.

So I'm an Australian and I just found out that Americans call jam... jelly.
For the past 40 years I've thought that they actually were putting jelly on their
sandwiches, which really confused me as it seemed like a really strange thing to do
plus it would be really hard to spread. Not that jam and peanut butter isn't weird anyway.
But why do they do everything completely backward to the rest of the world?
It pains me listening to them pronounce herbs in cooking shows, saying A-Dee-Dis
instead of Add-E-Das or when they talk about the weather. idk, bloody weirdos!

To make things a bit more confusing to you we Americans have both jam and jelly, not to mention marmalade. We don't just use jelly on sandwiches we also use jam. There is a difference, jam is usually thicker with fruit particles while jelly is clear, or nearly so ,depending on the ingredients, more like jello though not as quivery. So in any case we don't transpose the nouns. [Image: HctyjMk.gif?zoom=2]

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
21-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Peanut butter and jam is great (I purchase jam, not jelly).

I also prefer crunchy peanut butter.

It's a great easy lunch for work...put PB on both pieces of bread then the jam in between so the bread doesn't get soggy.

Favorite treat is PB&J on toast.

Drooling

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-04-2017, 04:57 PM
(21-04-2017 12:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: f334f211-3f1d-4470-a23b-3a0b27ce04d9.jpg...cy=desktop]

Oh, wow, I just about fell off my chair laughing so hard!!!

Robert himself
21-04-2017, 05:00 PM
(21-04-2017 01:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2017 12:58 PM)julep Wrote:  Yeah, but biscotti (love them) are specifically made to be dipped in the beverage, and shaped for that purpose. I adore that soaked up effect. I haven't ever seen people dunk scones--the texture hasn't suggested it to me--but maybe I will try that the next time I am put in the position of having to eat a scone. (gun to my head, etc.)

X1

Robert himself
21-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
(21-04-2017 09:53 AM)Walluin Wrote:  (This is a 'Why is America so Weird?' rant)
I might upset some people (Americans) and this may get moved.
Your ignorance shouldn't anger anyone.

Quote:So I'm an Australian and I just found out that Americans call jam... jelly.
We don't.
Quote:For the past 40 years I've thought that they actually were putting jelly on their
sandwiches, which really confused me as it seemed like a really strange thing to do
It's actually quite good.
Quote:plus it would be really hard to spread.
Maybe if you are 90 and have a weak grip.
Quote:Not that jam and peanut butter isn't weird anyway.
WTF?
Quote:But why do they do everything completely backward to the rest of the world?
You sir have it all wrong. America is the center of the planet and all the other countries revolve around us.

Now that's out of the way, why must you Australians refer to everyone as mates? Do you think everyone is a deck officer on a merchant ship ranking below the captain?

Also, why do you cook on a doll? How is this done anyway? Barbie was meant to be played with by little girls.

[Image: c0a09de637a9e84415f7a5829bc2dbe4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
21-04-2017, 08:20 PM
(21-04-2017 08:07 PM)KUSA Wrote:  [Image: c0a09de637a9e84415f7a5829bc2dbe4.jpg]

*pulls on collar* Damn dude, Barbie is really smokin'

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post