Peanut butter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Peanut butter
Ok. In order for this argument to be valid you would have to:
  • Make certain that peanut butter contains all the necessary ingredients for life.
  • Drain all the water from all the world's oceans.
  • Fill all that space with peanut butter. All the peanut butter consumed by all the human race for the last 100 years does not amount to that much peanut butter. Do the math.
  • Stir and heat for a billion years.
  • Test for life. This is the tough part. How can you be certain that there is not at least one living strand of DNA in all that peanut butter?
  • Repeat this experiment on at least a billion other planets that orbit in the Goldilocks zone about their respective stars.

I don't know everything, but I'm working on it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Peanut butter
Yes, the first time I watched this I wondered how he could be so sure that there wasn't any one-celled life in his peanut butter. What, was he expecting to open the jar and find a T-Rex in there? Just eyeballing the surface to find organisms way way way too small for the human eye to observe doesn't seem to make much sense.

Then again, he's preaching to a captive and clueless audience and he knows it, so why bother making sense when he can make perfectly reasonable nonsense instead...

Yes, that's an oxymoron.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
26-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I was thinking of trying this "experiment" myself, but I ended up just eating all the peanut butter.... Undecided

[Image: 33xy6me.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like LostLocke's post
26-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Well duh! anyone knows it take some black berry jam with the peanut butter to get action.
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy's post
26-03-2013, 03:20 PM
(25-03-2013 01:19 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  What, was he expecting to open the jar and find a T-Rex in there?Yes, that's an oxymoron.
This is a meme just waiting to happen.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
26-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Of course Peanut Butter is so dry that even modern life cannot generally grow in it. Primitive life has no hope.
[1] http://scienceline.org/2008/04/ask-hadha...nutbutter/

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
26-03-2013, 10:36 PM
I thought it was bananas we were supposed to have nightmares about. Now it's peanut butter?

Ray Comfort was way more convincing. Did you see how well that banana fit in his hand? Oh and, his mouth too. You'd almost think he's used to having banana shaped things in his mouth...

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
26-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Maybe if it sits for hundred million years mr peanut will hop out?

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-03-2013, 12:16 AM
(26-03-2013 10:36 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I thought it was bananas we were supposed to have nightmares about. Now it's peanut butter?

Ray Comfort was way more convincing. Did you see how well that banana fit in his hand? Oh and, his mouth too. You'd almost think he's used to having banana shaped things in his mouth...

The Banana is perfectly shaped to be dipped into peanut butter... you can't write that off as a coincidence.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
27-03-2013, 12:21 AM
(26-03-2013 10:36 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I thought it was bananas we were supposed to have nightmares about. Now it's peanut butter?

My favorite thing to do, is to watch that video with the sound down. Kirk Cameron's reactions are quite telling.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post