Pediatricians say to chop off bits

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Pediatricians say to chop off bits
From NPR: Pediatricians Decide Boys Are Better Off Circumcised Than Not

I don't buy it. Might as well recommend removing kids' tonsils when they're born straightaway, and take out their appendices while they're at it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2012, 12:45 AM
RE: Pediatricians say to chop off bits
They are lieing, and they know it.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2012, 12:48 AM
How much do they make from these surgeries again? Just a question. Sad
28-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Common sense says, if it's not a problem, don't fix it.

I almost expect a revealed scandal that some of these proponents are religious fanatics who don't want the boys many years later rubbing it out.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
28-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Misopedia tricians?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-08-2012, 11:02 PM
From what information I could find, and by asking mothers of boys who did the procedure, a circumcision can cost up to $500. Not a huge amount, I guess, but still a good chunk of change.

I absolutely refuse to have it done to my son. Nature put it there for a reason, dammit!
[+] 2 users Like SlipStitch's post
30-08-2012, 12:12 AM
(29-08-2012 11:02 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  From what information I could find, and by asking mothers of boys who did the procedure, a circumcision can cost up to $500. Not a huge amount, I guess, but still a good chunk of change.

I absolutely refuse to have it done to my son. Nature put it there for a reason, dammit!

Yeah... $500 X half of America is a lot of money. Maybe an exageration, but not by much. Confused
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
30-08-2012, 09:23 AM
(29-08-2012 11:02 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  From what information I could find, and by asking mothers of boys who did the procedure, a circumcision can cost up to $500. Not a huge amount, I guess, but still a good chunk of change.

Not a huge amount? 500$ was just about my monthly paycheck, after tax deduction and bus fare. (not in dollars) There's no way I'd give out such money for something that isn't a real, immediate need. Specially if I just founded a new family, these never have enough money.

I do not know personally anybody who had a foreskin chopped off and they all seem to live just fine with it.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
30-08-2012, 09:44 AM
(30-08-2012 09:23 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I do not know personally anybody who had a foreskin chopped off and they all seem to live just fine with it.

What? Then how would you know?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2012, 11:12 AM

Doesn't it provide more nerves for sexual stimulation or something?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab