Pedophile Priest With HIV who Raped 30 Children Forgiven by Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2017, 04:34 PM
RE: Pedophile Priest With HIV who Raped 30 Children Forgiven by Church
(18-05-2017 04:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The fact that everyone is thinking "it's fake...but it could be real.." says a lot about the Catholic Church...

No, it couldn't. There are limits of what they could brush under the carpet. The real scandal blew in 2010, when the widespread abuse and the coverups were revealed. No way they would even attempt to cover up something of this magnitude, after the news coverage and after they had to pay millions to the victims. They're not that stupid.

I never believed that to be real. Not because I have any trust in the catholic hierarchy, but because I'm, a journalist. If that had happened, it would have made giant headlines all over the world. With this I only took the first step of any kind of research, which is to look for various sources reporting on the incident. The absence of reputable sources is glaring. As is the timespan between when this was making the rounds on some dubious blogs and now. Nine months is an eternity in this day and age.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2017, 04:39 PM
I don't know what everyone is so upset for. It was only 30 children, it's not like it was 40 children. It if was 40 then that would be terrible. And he only had HIV not full blown AIDS.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
18-05-2017, 04:44 PM
(18-05-2017 04:39 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I don't know what everyone is so upset for. It was only 30 children, it's not like it was 40 children. It if was 40 then that would be terrible. And he only had HIV not full blown AIDS.

Yeah, and Bugs Bunny took a shit on my lawn the other day. It's on the same lines of valid news. They could have made it a 100. Why not go big when inventing something that didn't happen?

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
18-05-2017, 04:57 PM
You know I was being sarcastic right?
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
18-05-2017, 05:50 PM
(18-05-2017 04:34 PM)abaris Wrote:  They're not that stupid.

Never misunderestimate human stupidity.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
19-05-2017, 11:36 AM
OK, I've got to say this here:

Anyone who would choose as an adult to become a member of the Roman Catholic Church, or support it in any way at all, has a completely dysfunctional moral compass.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
23-05-2017, 07:38 PM
But you can't forgive atheism.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
23-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Of course he was. The bible promotes child rape often. It's a long standing part of their religion they just try to hide cause they know people don't like it. This thread should be linked in another thread "Is Christianity evil" well idk after reading this what do you think?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
23-05-2017, 07:44 PM
The story might be fake news, however the church is STILL pulling stunts like this moving priests around to hide them. So it's not the only one, and others are better sourced. I'd have to look up some examples to share, but as earmuffs suggested, that this could easily be true is no surprise to anyone.

The real sad part is this happens in every other christian denomination just as much but only Catholics have gotten called out on it so far.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
23-05-2017, 07:58 PM
As an activist for the HIV Positive community, I'd like to point out that it's at least as disgusting that someone was willing to inflame the simmering hatred against that community, already too often abused and discriminated against, for the purpose of smearing the church and/or inventing a scandal which would get site traffic.

Possible to be a worse scumbag than a poz pedophile priest? Yes. The guy who makes up a story about one.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post