15-08-2017, 10:29 AM
RE: *Peeks around the corner... *
[Image: Img19_zpsrfuuvmv2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Welcome to the forum family. I hope you like it here as much as I do! Jump on in any time!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
15-08-2017, 11:40 AM
(15-08-2017 09:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow !
Welcome. There are some classical musicians here, and a few people who know a lot about it. Even though I play, Vera probably knows a wider variety of repertoire than I do, and has great taste. Glad to have you. What sorts of things do you sing ? Hope you do more than "peek" around the corner. Tongue

I only hobby sing these days, sometimes in the local philharmonic chorus when I have time. Mostly in the shower or at karaoke these days. (And, of course, the church choir when I was religious.) Smile
15-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I'll probably lurk for a bit to get a feel for the community, and jump in here and there where it makes sense. I look forward to chatting with all of you. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes SongbirdT's post
15-08-2017, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2017 03:32 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-08-2017 11:40 AM)SongbirdT Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 09:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow !
Welcome. There are some classical musicians here, and a few people who know a lot about it. Even though I play, Vera probably knows a wider variety of repertoire than I do, and has great taste. Glad to have you. What sorts of things do you sing ? Hope you do more than "peek" around the corner. Tongue

I only hobby sing these days, sometimes in the local philharmonic chorus when I have time. Mostly in the shower or at karaoke these days. (And, of course, the church choir when I was religious.) Smile

I post Adele's "laughing song" once in a while when someone says something outrageous. Big Grin I still get calls to sub if they're desperate for an organist , and once in a while I accept ... Christmas 2015, I think I stood in for the baritone in "The Heavens are Telling" (Hayden) ... somewhere I have a recording of that. I figure culture belongs to everyone, not just the religious.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-08-2017, 01:19 PM
(15-08-2017 11:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I post Adele's "laughing song" once in a while when someone says something outrageous. Big Grin I still get calls to sub if their desperate for an organist , and once in a while I accept ... Christmas 2015, I think I stood in for the baritone in "The Heavens are Telling" (Hayden) ... somewhere I have a recording of that. I figure culture belongs to everyone, not just the religious.

So much lovely music has religious themes. I still sing them for the superb harmonies, I just ignore the words. They are mere vowel sounds that carry the chords. Angel
[+] 2 users Like SongbirdT's post
15-08-2017, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2017 02:22 PM by Vera.)
Yeah, but can you make the rain fall and disappear? Can you hear the grass grow or turn back time? Tongue

Welcome! Are you a soprano? I *love* Benedetto Marcello's psalms. So incredibly beautiful...

Also, I just saw you comment, Bucky, dearest [Image: ashame10.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
15-08-2017, 01:48 PM
We definitely need an atheist choir. Or maybe an atheist glee club. Where do I sign up?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
15-08-2017, 01:52 PM
hi there!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
15-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Welcome, nice to meet you too! Thanks for sharing your story Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user