Peer review my thinking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2015, 06:36 AM
RE: Peer review my thinking
Let's say that the earth/heaven/hell/god system is thermodynamically closed. Does that make the proposition in the OP invalid? Also "because magic", entropy doesn't have to increase in the system as a whole. Or maybe, it does and that's why hell exists - as an infinite entropy sink.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2015, 10:54 AM
Your thinking involves making up a hypothetical assumption about the universe and giving attributes to what a god can or cannot accomplish.

As an engineer do you try to factor in how many leprechauns might be crossing a bridge at any given time ? Does that add in to any of your calculations ?

What if this universe is entangled with another universe ?

In other words, you can make up all kinds of hypotheticals, but it's best if we observe what is and focus on where that information can lead us, instead of injecting an impossible being or unlikely situations into the mix

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
22-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Another problem is that although the universe may be a closed thermodynamic system, if we presume that souls exist and are immaterial then why must we assume that immaterial objects would be bound by thermodynamic laws which relate to material objects.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
22-02-2015, 02:10 PM
(22-02-2015 02:01 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  ... if we presume that souls exist and are immaterial ...

Why the hell would we presume that?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-02-2015, 02:27 PM
(21-02-2015 10:39 AM)geniusrobot Wrote:  Hi, I wanted to share a thought with you. As an engineering student, I have a good background in physic, but not as much as a physician ...
It's "physics," not "physic." "Physic" is a synonym for "enema."

A "physician" is a medical doctor. He/she might give you a physic. A practitioner of physics is a "physicist."

For what it's worth, I am a physicist. I used to get all kinds of mail from people who thought I was a medical doctor.

Sapere aude
22-02-2015, 03:24 PM
You can't start proving anything with "let's say" , so I kinda stopped reading there.

But welcome to the forum.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
22-02-2015, 05:18 PM
(22-02-2015 02:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 02:01 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  ... if we presume that souls exist and are immaterial ...

Why the hell would we presume that?

Because part of the op argument requires the existence of souls which are often seen as being immaterial.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc