Peer reviewed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 08:51 PM by Adenosis.)
Peer reviewed?
http://scientificexploration.org/journal/reviews/

Someone told me to read some things here, said it's peer reviewed. Looks like if it's peer reviewed it's reviewed by some strange individuals. It talks about UFO's Psychokinesis, ect.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 12:48 AM
RE: Peer reviewed?
Given that we are both Apsies, we must be peers.

I have peered at you post, above and reviewed it.

I am unsure whether you mean...
UFO's Psychokinesis... that a UFO (singular) possesses Psychokinesis as your grammar suggests or if you really meant...
UFOs' Psychokinesis ... that UFOs (plural) possesses Psychokinesis which would make more sense or if you meant...
UFOs, Psychokinesis as separate topics.

There!

You have been peer reviewed.

28-02-2013, 01:03 AM
(28-02-2013 12:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Given that we are both Apsies, we must be peers.

I have peered at you post, above and reviewed it.

I am unsure whether you mean...
UFO's Psychokinesis... that a UFO (singular) possesses Psychokinesis as your grammar suggests or if you really meant...
UFOs' Psychokinesis ... that UFOs (plural) possesses Psychokinesis which would make more sense or if you meant...
UFOs, Psychokinesis as separate topics.

There!

You have been peer reviewed.
Someone claimed this to be scientific journals that undergo peer review. I wondered because it's full of questionable subjects. Peer reviewed by pseudo-scientists perhaps.

28-02-2013, 04:25 AM
Reading that list made me cringe.

Reincarnation, Intelligent Design, (ancient) extraterrestrials, OOBEs, NDEs, UFOs, psychic powers, faith healing, Bigfoot, miracles, orgone energy, pseudo-science, para-science, anti-science, astrology, witchcraft, dualism ... did I miss anything? Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
28-02-2013, 04:31 AM
Could've been peer reviewed and rejected? Did he say it was published in a respectable scientific journal? It just being peer reviewed means nothing.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
28-02-2013, 06:57 AM
It is only reviewed by their little circle of friends.
This has all the tell-tale signs of pseudoscience, just like all the 'journals' and 'researchers' that Luminon trots out as 'evidence'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2013, 11:37 AM
(27-02-2013 08:40 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  http://scientificexploration.org/journal/reviews/

Someone told me to read some things here, said it's peer reviewed. Looks like if it's peer reviewed it's reviewed by some strange individuals. It talks about UFO's Psychokinesis, ect.
Rule of thumb: most professional quality scientific journals you have to pay for if you want something beyond an abstract. If you're not being asked to confirm your subscription or to subscribe, chances are you're not at a professional journal.

I would also check to see if they have published hard copy journals or if they're just online. If they're only the latter, that's a red flag (to me, at least).

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.
28-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I figured Tongue

I just wanted some input. Thanks.