Penn/Hitchens on Agnes "Mother Teresa"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2016, 01:32 PM
Penn/Hitchens on Agnes "Mother Teresa"

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Brian37's post
06-09-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Penn/Hitchens on Agnes "Mother Teresa"
I miss Hitch. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
06-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Me too. But the great thing is that his books and videos are still around for us to learn from. I wont say I agreed with everything he said, but on the issue of religion being poison and faith not being a virtue, he was spot on. I consider myself very lucky to met him at the 07 convention in DC. Unfortunately though, I was too "holy shit" when I saw him, I stumbled through asking him for an autograph. I wish I had been calm enough to pick his brain.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
06-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Pretty sure those guys in that Calcutta home haven't had a decent meal in a while. The notion that someone seeking help might be going hungry, is just deplorable to me. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-09-2016, 01:46 PM
(06-09-2016 01:35 PM)kim Wrote:  I miss Hitch. Shy

I was thinking the same thing as I watched.
06-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Don't get me started on that bitch! Oh, too late.

I posted this story a couple of weeks ago but I'll re-do it now. Mother Teresa was wanting to open up a care facility in New York City back in the early 90's for the sick and homeless and those dying of aids. Great.... fine. She and her committee of people chose this old building that was several stories high (I think it was about 7 or 8 stories high) but the building was so old it didn't have an elevator. According to NY city laws any building that was to be used for the sick or infirm needed to have elevators and be handicap accessible. Mother Teresa refused to put in the money to have an elevator installed or have a ramp installed in front of the building. Instead she fought city hall claiming that anyone unable to climb the stairs would be carried by up her nuns. Most of these skinny little Indian nuns were about 5'1" and maybe 98 pounds....tops! The city wouldn't allow this and rightly so. Mother Teresa tried to cheap it out. She fucking didn't want to spend any of the half a billion dollars from the Sisters of Charities funds to put in a goddamn elevator for sick and dying people so she gave up on the project and went back to fucking where she came from.

Cheap assed bitch.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-09-2016, 02:03 PM
(06-09-2016 01:44 PM)kim Wrote:  Pretty sure those guys in that Calcutta home haven't had a decent meal in a while. The notion that someone seeking help might be going hungry, is just deplorable to me. Undecided

On one hand you can buy some rice and beans, or you can get 5 more gallons of icon polish and clean up the artifacts.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post