Penn's Sunday School

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Penn's Sunday School
A co-worker recommended this Podcast to me. I've only heard one episode so far, but I really enjoyed it. If you're a Penn and Teller fan, or a fan of atheism and Podcasts, you might want to check this out.

The episode from last Sunday is called: "I've Raped Everyone I want to."
It's a great response to people who ask, "If there's no God, what's to stop you from raping and killing?" Penn's response is, "Why? Do you have a list of people you want to rape and kill? Because I've already raped and killed everyone I want to rape and kill." No Laughat

Good stuff!

Penn's Sunday School

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
14-07-2012, 09:08 PM
RE: Penn's Sunday School
Just listened to the Gilbert Gottfried episode (#7) and the "I've Raped Everyone I Want To" (#21).

It is indeed good stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes AViegarein's post
16-08-2012, 05:24 AM
To some extent, I started considering atheism as a viable "path" after listening to Penn's podcast. Before that I wrote off atheists as smug contrarians at best, and angry knowitall douchebags in general. Even Penn's appearances as guest on other people's shows (Carolla) made me roll my eyes. But listening to Penn's Sunday School helped me realize that his world view is very level headed and sense-making, and fun. The show is now a regular on my itunes.
[+] 1 user Likes Gaff's post
16-08-2012, 05:47 AM
(16-08-2012 05:24 AM)Gaff Wrote:  To some extent, I started considering atheism as a viable "path" after listening to Penn's podcast. Before that I wrote off atheists as smug contrarians at best, and angry knowitall douchebags in general. Even Penn's appearances as guest on other people's shows (Carolla) made me roll my eyes. But listening to Penn's Sunday School helped me realize that his world view is very level headed and sense-making, and fun. The show is now a regular on my itunes.

Well, we are knowitall douchebags, but we're right.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-08-2012, 01:29 PM
(16-08-2012 05:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-08-2012 05:24 AM)Gaff Wrote:  To some extent, I started considering atheism as a viable "path" after listening to Penn's podcast. Before that I wrote off atheists as smug contrarians at best, and angry knowitall douchebags in general. Even Penn's appearances as guest on other people's shows (Carolla) made me roll my eyes. But listening to Penn's Sunday School helped me realize that his world view is very level headed and sense-making, and fun. The show is now a regular on my itunes.

Well, we are knowitall douchebags, but we're right.Thumbsup
I always wondered why people consider someone who has thoroughly thought stuff over a "know-it-all douchebag".

"I'm terribly sorry about your flawed world-view mister, but it's not MY problem you haven't thought about stuff." Consider

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
16-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Penn's Sunday School
Mainly because the only ones I had ever come across or been made aware of (as a Christian, at the time) tended to be very confrontational and activist about it. The ones who made it known that they were atheists and whose stated purpose was to bring religion down or protest all things religious. I'm just saying - that was my pre-Penn's Sunday School misinformed impression of atheists.