Pennies from Heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: Pennies from Heaven
right before the birth of my daughter a bunch of my wife's family were sitting with us at the hospital. they are all catholic/christian and recently my wifes grandmother had died. as we sat there a water bottle on her uncle's chair fell on the floor. they were all amazed and convinced that her ghost did this to let them know she was there. i was amazed too, but for other reasons...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
07-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Find a penny,
Pick it up,
And on that day,
You'll have good luck.

That's the only penny finding thing I know about. I've never heard of the other one.
It's a little silly children's poem but I don't think of it as anything religious.

I still pick up pennies. I was super poor when I was a kid so a penny was worth something to me........ still is. I know it's stupid but......well.....it's just me it guess.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Funny how heaven always seems to be using the currency of the country you're in.

Wouldn't pennies from heaven burn up as they hit the atmosphere?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
08-08-2016, 11:48 AM
These are the only pennies from heaven that I've ever heard of -- and they are glorious:

[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-08-2016, 06:59 PM
(06-08-2016 09:38 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I was reminded today of a co-worker I had who thought whenever she found a penny it was from her dad in Heaven, now she was a super cool lady and we are still friendly plus she can think whatever she wants but I always thought that was the dumbest shit. I mean I find pennies all the damn time so I know it's a common boring thing but if you google "Pennies from Heaven stories" You will find all kinds of people online talking about this "miracle" or "phenomena".

I read one where this guy says pennies say "In God We Trust" so he leaves pennies for us so we can be reminded to trust him, ok "In God We Trust" is written on all coins right? and paper money? "Hey I just found this briefcase filled with a million in cash! Thanks God!"

I also think it would be pretty sad if you found yourself in Heaven desperately wanting to communicate with your loved ones back on Earth and realizing you can only manipulate pennies, I mean wow that's fucking depressing. Can't handle the quarters? Can't drop some $20 bills around? I mean your daughter could really use some help with rent this month, just try a $50 bill, see what happens.

Has anyone else heard these stories?

They will grasp at anything to bolster their irrational beliefs. I haven't heard of this particular story, but I know people who attribute every last little thing that happens like getting a good parking place to getting a promotion to god. Many of my family back in Virginia do this. If I were to find a $20 or $50 dollar bill on the ground I'd wonder who's it was and feel bad that they may need that money, not that it was a gift from a supernatural entity.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
08-08-2016, 07:15 PM
(07-08-2016 09:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Find a penny,
Pick it up,
And on that day,
You'll have good luck.

That's the only penny finding thing I know about. I've never heard of the other one.
It's a little silly children's poem but I don't think of it as anything religious.

I still pick up pennies. I was super poor when I was a kid so a penny was worth something to me........ still is. I know it's stupid but......well.....it's just me it guess.

I thought it was only supposed to be good luck if its heads up though, that's how they get ya!

Gotta say, even though I already saw and was in this thread earlier, when I saw it now I thought it said Penises from Heaven. A very Zeusian thread

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Growing up poor in the '60s, pennies were worth something! Some of the guys at school would throw pennies at each other at lunch time. My friend Bill would pick them up, and some of the guys would poke fun at him. He had a car (his dad was a foreman on a construction project; my friend drove an earth mover in the summer between school years, and made big bucks), but picking those pennies up enabled him to buy gas for his car to get back and forth to school for his junior and senior years. He damn sure didn't need the pennies, but put them to use, anyway. I believe gasoline was around 40¢ per gallon. I do remember that it was all I could do to squeeze a dollar's worth of gas into my motorcycle's tank in those days.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
09-08-2016, 03:25 PM
the evil jokester in me would be very tempted to start leaving them for her. Maybe in the shape of an upside down pentagram in a circle, or write out the words. " in hell" or something. Evil_monster

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-08-2016, 03:46 PM
A penny would get me a gum ball from the machine at the grocery store. Smile Or a handful of candy coated peanuts. Pennies were important.

[Image: CC_Candy-Vending-Machines-Circa-1969-B.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-08-2016, 04:13 PM
(09-08-2016 03:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  A penny would get me a gum ball from the machine at the grocery store. Smile Or a handful of candy coated peanuts. Pennies were important.

[Image: CC_Candy-Vending-Machines-Circa-1969-B.jpg]

That's a quarter, now.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post