Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: Pennies from Heaven
(07-08-2016 09:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Find a penny,
Pick it up,
And on that day,
You'll have good luck.

That's the only penny finding thing I know about. I've never heard of the other one.
It's a little silly children's poem but I don't think of it as anything religious.

I still pick up pennies. I was super poor when I was a kid so a penny was worth something to me........ still is. I know it's stupid but......well.....it's just me it guess.

In general I believe that the poorer people are the more likely they are to throw pennies on the street. (and nickels)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
11-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Huh, I'd never heard of this before, like ever. That said, I pick up pennies off the street, it all adds up eventually. Smile Though, you know, if someone like say, God, would just want to toss down some ancient rare coinage for me that could be sold for mega dollars, I'd appreciate that.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2016, 06:25 PM
(07-08-2016 08:53 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So this is why the US won't get rid of the penny

No, because it's One nation under god. That is where pennies are made. In heaven. And storks bring babies.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
11-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Sounds like she is still grieving and needs pennies from dad in the clouds to have some sort of emotional relief.

My grandmother is still grieving about her mother dying and always asks me if I believe she is up in the clouds. No one wants to believe that their loved ones are now rotting in the ground being eaten by worms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk