Penumbral Eclipse Tonight (and comet)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Penumbral Eclipse Tonight (and comet)
My calendar says there will be a penumbral eclipse of the moon tonight at 7:45 Eastern Standard Time (USA). That's 6:45 PM in my time zone. I will be about halfway along my walk home from work. The only problem is that I'll be walking westward, and the moon will be in the eastern sky. But I will probably turn around now and then and take a look.

As eclipses go, this is about the least spectacular, but could still be cool to watch. A few hours later, a comet is supposed to make an appearance, but that will only be visible through binoculars or a telescope.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/luna...ebruary-11
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 04:26 PM
RE: Penumbral Eclipse Tonight (and comet)
Heavy cloud expected pretty much all night so chances of seeing anything from here are slim. Which bums me out.
10-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Both of you come on down to the Florida Keys, we’re headed out on a boat to see it from the water. The Titanic

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
10-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Some comet info.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post