People Just Need a Higher Power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: People Just Need a Higher Power
(14-08-2012 07:06 PM)DreamWeaver Wrote:  I'll bet that if I could push a little harder, I could get them to admit that the idea of a personal god is irrational as well.

Yes, you can convince just about any weak-minded person to believe what you want.

Then you'll have one more irrational person on your team

congrats

[Image: tumblr_lo2zqb6h5P1qzsyre.gif]

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2012, 08:54 PM
(14-08-2012 12:22 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I don't want to,
I'm a Toys-R-Us kid.

I love this!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
14-08-2012, 10:12 PM
To all the specific critiques, I was just throwing up food for thought, not submitting a thesis for peer review.

(14-08-2012 10:21 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  If there were illogical fallacies that I'm ignoring, I would love to see what they are.

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Fallacies

I find nearly every theist argument is drenched in a multitude of these.

Quote:
(13-08-2012 11:52 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I tell you what, Christians. Drop the Bible, drop the religion, drop the sky magician, and I'm on board with you.

In other words "reason the way I do, adopt my worldview, see things how I do, become an Atheist, and I'm on board with you."

Easy enough right? Dodgy

Most Christians have never read and don't know the Bible, their Christian religion is vastly different from everyone else's Christian religion, and the sky magician is just symbolic of the ideals I mentioned. They aren't using these things anyways, so just get rid of them and shed the negative affiliations.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
14-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Two words for you: Paul Bunyon

http://www.paulbunyanland.com/

I'm a Bunyonist.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
14-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Two more words.

Willem Dafoe.

[Image: tumblr_llthhkSaWZ1qe7fm7.jpg]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
15-08-2012, 12:15 AM
People Just Need a Higher Power
Two words:

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel