People Power and Justice in SE Asia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 02:09 AM
People Power and Justice in SE Asia
I thought some of you might like to read about this.

A Vietnamese tourist was conned and Singaporeans via social media came to the rescue.

Heart-warming stuff.

Smile

[Image: faa4.png]

Story here

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 02:14 AM
RE: People Power and Justice in SE Asia
Not that it's not touching...

But why is a man that makes $200/mo buying an iPhone 6 and wearing Tommy Hilfiger?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
10-11-2014, 02:51 AM
(10-11-2014 02:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Not that it's not touching...

But why is a man that makes $200/mo buying an iPhone 6 and wearing Tommy Hilfiger?

According to the vid, he borrowed the money for the phone. It's very easy to get fake brands in Asia (not saying he did, but ... y'know).

Shy

10-11-2014, 04:27 AM
(10-11-2014 02:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I thought some of you might like to read about this.

A Vietnamese tourist was conned and Singaporeans via social media came to the rescue.

Heart-warming stuff.

Smile

[Image: faa4.png]

Story here

This kinda stuff right here makes me wary of the denizens of the net: if somebody has it out for you, they can find you.
Kinda reminds me of some of the 'Anon operations' I used to read about when I got a kick to looking into this sort of 'justice work'.

This kinda stuff is a testament to just how far we have come, really. We developed into societies which managed themselves and the mass controlled punished the selfish and negative, then when they came too large gods and like systems developed to keep the anti-social ones amongst us check. Now it seems that thanks to the Internet and it's connectivity we are rapidly developing back into a social world where there is no need for gods; the people are once again able to watch.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.