People are evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2012, 12:56 AM
RE: People are evil
(06-07-2012 10:50 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  When I was 6 I was told I was such a terrible sinner that I needed to ask Jesus into my heart so I wouldn't have to go to Hell.

... and of course you dismissed it as nonsense, right?

Or if you believed it, at what age did you stop believing it?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2012, 01:31 AM
(06-07-2012 03:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  I still haven't figured out what all evil everyone does within a week to warrant confessions.

I think the premise that all humans are born bad is the worst thing any church can ever bestow on people. It's disgusting. It's destructive. It's designed to make blind slaves out of people who try to escape their internal evil.

This is the part of religion that angers me most.

I can answer the things that everyone does that is 'evil' :

Did you masturbate? Evil!
Think about masturbating? Evil!
Wake up with a woody? Evil! (even though it's a natural, uncontrollable thing for men) ... EVIL!
Thought about how nice it would be to take the clothes off some chick yer attracted too.. Evil..
Was even attracted to her in the first place.. Evil..
Watched TV last night.. Evil..
Listen to any music that does not glorify God? ... Evil!
Recieved a text message? (or use of any other technology devised by the devil? Evil!

Anyhow.. these are just a few stupid things that we do on a daily basis that has been labed as EVIL!

Oh and don't forget about praying to false idols, not sacrificing two pigeons, 2 doves, 4 bulls, and ... if ya really want to impress God.. tie yer son down and offer up his ass too! You evil BASTARDS!!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
20-07-2012, 06:27 AM
Oh the sins I have sinned…
And how I look back on them and smile…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
20-07-2012, 07:01 AM
(20-07-2012 01:31 AM)ddrew Wrote:  
(06-07-2012 03:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  I still haven't figured out what all evil everyone does within a week to warrant confessions.

I think the premise that all humans are born bad is the worst thing any church can ever bestow on people. It's disgusting. It's destructive. It's designed to make blind slaves out of people who try to escape their internal evil.

This is the part of religion that angers me most.

I can answer the things that everyone does that is 'evil' :

Did you masturbate? Evil!
Think about masturbating? Evil!
Wake up with a woody? Evil! (even though it's a natural, uncontrollable thing for men) ... EVIL!
Thought about how nice it would be to take the clothes off some chick yer attracted too.. Evil..
Was even attracted to her in the first place.. Evil..
Watched TV last night.. Evil..
Listen to any music that does not glorify God? ... Evil!
Recieved a text message? (or use of any other technology devised by the devil? Evil!

Anyhow.. these are just a few stupid things that we do on a daily basis that has been labed as EVIL!

Oh and don't forget about praying to false idols, not sacrificing two pigeons, 2 doves, 4 bulls, and ... if ya really want to impress God.. tie yer son down and offer up his ass too! You evil BASTARDS!!

Yeah, but my aunt does none of those things and she has to go to confession every week. She lives alone, has no cell phone, no sex drive, when she does listen to music it's classical. Maybe she glances a spec of evil on TV sometimes? She watches nature shows. She prays at set times, and also all day long like god was someone living with her and she just talks to him. She goes to church several times a week. What on earth do all those super religious little old ladies confess?

I actually can understand her life style. Tons of older women live like that, the men die off sooner as a rule. The women have no interest in starting a new relationship and all the adaptation and change that entails, so they build a life around what is easily available to them and introduce an imaginary constant companion. This companion is perfect, you can tell him anything and he always listens and you know you are pleasing him if you just follow the religion. It's a simple life solution.

If I lived close by I might have tried to introduce a hobby to her years ago, like painting or whatever she can do and likes without being physically taxed. And she might have taken a different path for her old age, finding fulfillment in a secular activity.

As is, she has to come up with weekly sins or she doesn't get to do mass and will fall out of god's favor. I just wonder how she handles that part.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-07-2012, 05:59 PM
I feel so evil already!
I should go and confess because I am having impure thoughts and I feel angered about certain things, I also spoke ill... gonna confess sometime soon... once I care about the skydaddy again. Until that time comes, I'm gonna "sin", just like everyone else on this planet.

But yeah, I feel it is really one of the suckiest things at religion. Religions try to get you scared, so you do what it wants. Having evil thoughts is already a sin or at least looked down on, in every religion I know.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I had to post this.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
22-07-2012, 01:42 PM
(20-07-2012 12:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-07-2012 10:50 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  When I was 6 I was told I was such a terrible sinner that I needed to ask Jesus into my heart so I wouldn't have to go to Hell.

... and of course you dismissed it as nonsense, right?

Or if you believed it, at what age did you stop believing it?

8 and 17 in my case.

Breathing - it's more art than science.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The empty and not empty people Luminon 22 433 20-07-2014 02:06 PM
Last Post: Chas
Exclamation Counters to "RELIGIONS/SPIRITUALITY HELPS PEOPLE. DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S NOT TRUE." PoolBoyG 7 130 08-05-2014 07:09 PM
Last Post: rampant.a.i.
  Hey Girly (and other People's Republic of Marylanders) Revenant77x 11 336 24-02-2014 11:58 AM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Other people's morals, not your morals. Adrianime 29 672 15-01-2014 02:38 PM
Last Post: Adrianime
  Why do people in extreme poverty reproduce? JesusLovesYou69 27 6,470 21-12-2013 08:53 AM
Last Post: Peterkin
  Homophobia and straight people BrokenQuill92 18 764 11-12-2013 10:18 PM
Last Post: WillHopp
  Tinitus, watch your ears people ELK12695 16 1,292 20-10-2013 04:34 PM
Last Post: black_squirrel