People are great.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2011, 07:22 PM
People are great.
This video made my day. Has nothing to do with anything, I was just looking up the ninja turtles on youtube for some nostalgia and here we have it.

http://youtu.be/fCs9PFYHTe8

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2011, 08:08 PM
RE: People are great.
I love fandoms, it may seem like an incredible waste of money, but everyone has something they love and spend too much on =p. I find it funny that her comments are saying VH1 edited the story to make it sad, wonder how the actual interview looked.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I don't know, but I do know that I want one of those heads, and the suit to boot. I would wear it everyday.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
10-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I think it's awesome that you saw that video and though how great people are. So many people would have looked at that and said, "what a loser." I say, if it makes her happy, power to her!

+1 rep for you my friend.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
12-06-2011, 12:02 AM
I have to admit that at first I got a good chuckle. Then I walked into my office and looked at my vast collection of baseball cards, books and bobbleheads and the fact that I can recite many of the calls Dave Niehaus made in 1995 during our playoff run. I also have a Mariners CD that I listen to often along with a few DVD's. I run a baseball blog and podcast. I also have a number of Mariners shirts and 5 jerseys, along with at least 5 hats.

So yeah, I have no place to talk. Whatever makes you happy.
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
12-06-2011, 07:05 AM
I don't really have anything like that anymore, but once upon a time I used to be quite the collector of things. I had videogames falling out of my closet, comic book boxes piled sky high, and the biggest crappy movie collection of all time. Now I just have a lot of movies, but I actually like them all this time. I miss having an obsession though, it was soothing.

12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
(10-06-2011 08:08 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I love fandoms, it may seem like an incredible waste of money, but everyone has something they love and spend too much on =p. I find it funny that her comments are saying VH1 edited the story to make it sad, wonder how the actual interview looked.

I imagine it could be very similar to this story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xaxev-59f...re=related

I had much the same childhood in some regards because I was constantly set up as being gay. I am in fact one of the gayest strait men out there but I am strait. Personally I found my own self confidence through Martial arts as well.
[+] 1 user Likes Godless's post
12-06-2011, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2011 07:21 PM by lucradis.)
I'm so glad you posted the link to the full video, I was having a hard time finding it for some reason. I love hearing about people's obsessions, it's so comforting to hear someone talk about something they not only know a ton about but something they genuinely care for. I find that talking to people who go to school for one subject or the other more often than not only end up reciting text book passages when asked about the subject. Such a lack of passion involved it makes me sad. I enjoy talking to what a lot of people would call geeks, or nerds, or just plain weirdos more than most. They enjoy what they decided to learn about. The only thing other than my daughter and my little girl I am truly passionate about would probably be my stance on religion, and let me tell you even I get sick of hearing about the topic from my mouth lol.
Here is another great person.

http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2011/01/19http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2011/01/19