People-carrying Mars Rover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: People-carrying Mars Rover
(10-06-2017 01:30 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Needs more lasers.

To be fair, every vehicle needs more lasers.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
10-06-2017, 05:52 PM
So, basically, the movie Batmobile?
10-06-2017, 07:10 PM
(10-06-2017 01:51 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 01:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Can you get it with a hemi????

Consider

Not sure if that would work in a no atmosphere environment. First, Arnold Schwarzenegger would have to start the reactor. Then maybe...

Yeah, but it'd work I n 5 o'clock rush hour - and that's where I'd been putting it to use..

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-06-2017, 02:02 AM
(10-06-2017 02:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 12:31 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Manual or auto? Hobo

It's an electric vehicle.

Who needs a sequential transmission when electric motors have all that torque from a dead stop?

It's why a Tesla can go 0-100 Kph in 3.2 seconds.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
11-06-2017, 03:03 AM
(11-06-2017 02:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 02:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It's an electric vehicle.

Who needs a sequential transmission when electric motors have all that torque from a dead stop?

True, but -- electric motors do draw heavy amps on startup and at lower rpm, so a CVT might give you a bit more battery life - depending on driving conditions. (Such as stop and go driving)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-06-2017, 04:48 AM
(11-06-2017 03:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 02:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Who needs a sequential transmission when electric motors have all that torque from a dead stop?

True, but -- electric motors do draw heavy amps on startup and at lower rpm, so a CVT might give you a bit more battery life - depending on driving conditions. (Such as stop and go driving)

Okeyyyy...ill buy the manual then. Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
11-06-2017, 05:12 AM
(11-06-2017 04:48 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 03:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  True, but -- electric motors do draw heavy amps on startup and at lower rpm, so a CVT might give you a bit more battery life - depending on driving conditions. (Such as stop and go driving)

Okeyyyy...ill buy the manual then. Tongue

I had a buddy ( now deceased) who bought and rode a Boss Hoss - a behemoth of a motorcycle. It was one of the the early ones that that had a 5.7 liter (350 cu in,) Chevy V-8, mated to a manual hand clutch (vacuum assist), then a 90 degree jackshaft, then a chain drive to the rear wheel. No transmission was used, nor needed.

He said "In a way, it's kind of boring to ride. I mean, once you get moving you really don't need to do anything except sit there and go for the ride. You really miss shifting. At least it gives you something to do."

I really miss his humorous, convoluted logic.....

12-06-2017, 12:54 AM
(11-06-2017 05:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 04:48 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Okeyyyy...ill buy the manual then. Tongue

I had a buddy ( now deceased) who bought and rode a Boss Hoss - a behemoth of a motorcycle. It was one of the the early ones that that had a 5.7 liter (350 cu in,) Chevy V-8, mated to a manual hand clutch (vacuum assist), then a 90 degree jackshaft, then a chain drive to the rear wheel. No transmission was used, nor needed.

He said "In a way, it's kind of boring to ride. I mean, once you get moving you really don't need to do anything except sit there and go for the ride. You really miss shifting. At least it gives you something to do."

I really miss his humorous, convoluted logic.....

I look at Boss Hoss' like I do trikes. I just sigh to myself, and think about how those riders are really missing out on a lot of the experience to be had. Leaning into a turn, changing your center of gravity, shifting, hitting the apex of a curve just right and accelerating out of it? Even your daily commute can be a joy on a bike, if you know what you're doing.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post