People despise Jim Carrey now because of an anti-gun statement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 01:43 PM by Buddy Christ.)
People despise Jim Carrey now because of an anti-gun statement?
I was reading on article on how Dumb and Dumber 2 got turned down and I scanned down to the comments to see people's reactions, and instead of mentioning anything about movies, acting, or Hollywood, instead I was bombarded with hate-speech. People were fuming about how he "mocked his fans" and I was curious as to what I'd missed.

First, scroll down to the comments with me on this page:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk...42151.html

and witness the outrage. Decades of making us laugh are cast aside as every single comment mocks his misfortune and wishes him death. I had thought I missed some serious political commentary where Jim Carrey goes off on innocent people, so I looked it up.

This is the video they are so upset about: (Shoot, no embedding. Just follow the link.)

It's funny as hell, it's only offensive to inbred hillbillies, and it's classic Jim Carrey.

As always we turn to Fox News to understand why the irrational are so irrational.

It's just ripe with the usual Fox News stuff. Subtle name calling, gross over-exaggerations, and completely missing the point. Then they bring on "best selling author and columnist" Ann Coulter to promote her book in the background. Funny, I thought she was one of yours. She then bashes "wealthy people who live in multimillion dollar homes telling the rest of us not to have guns." Non-wealthy Ann Coulter, by the way, has a net worth of 9 million dollars and owns homes and condos in Palm Beach, Manhattan, and Los Angeles.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Re: People despise Jim Carrey now because of an anti-gun statement?
I am still annoyed at Jim Carrey because of his work with his ex-wife on the anti-vaccine agenda. I do indeed ignore the laughs he brought me when he is doing something other than comedy.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
11-06-2013, 04:07 PM
RE: People despise Jim Carrey now because of an anti-gun statement?
I didn't read any of this thread but as I was zipping down to the bottom to see who all has commented, I noticed the name Ann Coulter. I then noticed the caption on the video that she ripped on Jim Carrey for something.

Ann Coulter a stupid cunt.

That is all. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
11-06-2013, 05:39 PM
I don't know anything about his politics, I just think he stopped being funny a long time ago.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
12-06-2013, 11:36 AM
I despise him because he's not funny.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
12-06-2013, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 01:27 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
If Fox news hadn't began beating the drum more than half those people wouldnt have cared at all.

And yea what Kim said about Ann Coulter. I think the rupublican party should stop listening to her and Fox news all together.

This also explains a Facebook friend's cover picture of them holding a gun.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

12-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I couldn't care less about his politics.

He used to be funny, but that ship sailed long ago. Jim Carrey is a one trick pony, and we've all seen the trick a few too many times.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
12-06-2013, 01:25 PM
(12-06-2013 12:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I couldn't care less about his politics.

He used to be funny, but that ship sailed long ago. Jim Carrey is a one trick pony, and we've all seen the trick a few too many times.

You are so right about that. The last thing I saw him in was that movie about Andy Kauffman. I never saw that ace Ventura or dumb and dumber...

It's all been done.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

12-06-2013, 03:38 PM
When a person lets their opinions known they open themselves upon to backlash. He knew the risks of this when he opened his mouth. I don't agree with the politics of a lot of the entertainers I enjoy, and I don't boycott them based on this, but if they are an asshole or espouse opinions that I find morally repugnant I cannot enjoy them. Sometimes I just wish they would've just kept their mouth shut, but it is their right to say whatever the fuck they wish.

12-06-2013, 04:34 PM
"The Truman Show" showed that Jim Carrey isn't just a rubber-faced goofball. He can be fucking brilliant in a serious role. The part won him a Golden Globe for Best Actor--Drama, and everyone thought he'd be nominated for an Oscar. (Hollywood moves in mysterious ways, just like You-Know-Who.) I wish he'd find another vehicle like that one rather than the crap he usually winds up in.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.