People despise Jim Carrey now because of an anti-gun statement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: People despise Jim Carrey now because of an anti-gun statement?
(12-06-2013 04:34 PM)cufflink Wrote:  "The Truman Show" showed that Jim Carrey isn't just a rubber-faced goofball. He can be fucking brilliant in a serious role. The part won him a Golden Globe for Best Actor--Drama, and everyone thought he'd be nominated for an Oscar. (Hollywood moves in mysterious ways, just like You-Know-Who.) I wish he'd find another vehicle like that one rather than the crap he usually winds up in.

I've never seen that movie...hmm

I'll have to check it out. That said I think he was excellent in the movie about Kauffman. Smile

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 07:11 PM
(12-06-2013 04:34 PM)cufflink Wrote:  "The Truman Show" showed that Jim Carrey isn't just a rubber-faced goofball. He can be fucking brilliant in a serious role. The part won him a Golden Globe for Best Actor--Drama, and everyone thought he'd be nominated for an Oscar. (Hollywood moves in mysterious ways, just like You-Know-Who.) I wish he'd find another vehicle like that one rather than the crap he usually winds up in.

I liked 23 better. He did a somewhat serious role in romantic comedy a couple years back as well....oh, and eternal sunshine, that was alright. And the one where he was a gay conman as well, forget its name.

12-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Forgot all about Eternal Sunshine.

Ya, shit, I guess he has had a few good serious roles huh?

Meh. Whatever. Still don't give a shit about his politics.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
12-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Not saying I agree with what Jim says, I haven't read too much about it, but if I were famous and had something I was passionate about, I'd strongly think about soapboxing that. Especially if it had something to do with my kids.

Eternal Sunshine is one of my favourite movies. The first time I watched it I didn't love it, but later I watched it again and feel in absolute love.
13-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind....that was streaming on Netflix. Wonder if it's still available -- never seen it.

13-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Never really had a problem with Jim Carrey as an actor.

I do think he's a douchebag for his activities with Jenny McCarthy on the anti vaccine front.

The video he produced about guns is retarded. But there's no law against creating pointless, stupid movies and videos, else Michael Bay would be facing the electric chair at this point.

As for the gun lovers getting their panties in a bunch about that video, they get pissed off and fly into a tirade about ANY kind of legislation regarding the regulation of firearms.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
13-06-2013, 01:25 AM
(13-06-2013 12:51 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Never really had a problem with Jim Carrey as an actor.

I do think he's a douchebag for his activities with Jenny McCarthy on the anti vaccine front.

The video he produced about guns is retarded. But there's no law against creating pointless, stupid movies and videos, else Michael Bay would be facing the electric chair at this point.

As for the gun lovers getting their panties in a bunch about that video, they get pissed off and fly into a tirade about ANY kind of legislation regarding the regulation of firearms.

Maybe his new girlfriend is anti gun?

He seems to form opinions based on who he's with. Tongue

Actually I don't know anything really about him...

But I will say that anyone who takes parenting advice from someone who's biggest claim to fame was showing her tits on MTV and starring in a movie called dumb and dumber needs help.

So no, I won't be taking any gun advice from ol Jim anytime soon.

Yea I really dislike that Jenny McCarthy twat...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Any "anti-Christian" movies based on the Bible? undergroundp 10 705 14-09-2013 12:21 AM
Last Post: DerVin166
  Atheist or Anti-Atheist Films Mustardsanta 31 5,406 14-03-2013 09:46 AM
Last Post: Vosur
  Lucky People Center International Crusher 0 248 12-04-2012 08:44 AM
Last Post: Crusher