People sacrifice kindness and humanity for ideas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2014, 07:55 AM
Re: RE: People sacrifice kindness and humanity for ideas
(25-02-2014 07:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 02:50 AM)lamexcuses Wrote:  Yes.. It does not address any natural evil. There is a logical mismatch which they fail to see.

You'd think that, and then you'd run into someone who blames all of that other stuff on the fall or some crap. I've talked to people who believe there was no cancer before original sin, and now we're not pure or something, so... I guess free will gives us cancer?

It's really weird.

Ohh.. This is really sad.

Sometimes I really don't understand if I hate these people for their shallow and illogical thinking or I pity them.

What makes them this way...? Sigh..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 07:56 AM
RE: People sacrifice kindness and humanity for ideas
(25-02-2014 07:45 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 07:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You'd think that, and then you'd run into someone who blames all of that other stuff on the fall or some crap. I've talked to people who believe there was no cancer before original sin, and now we're not pure or something, so... I guess free will gives us cancer?

It's really weird.

Reminds me of the Ham/Nye debate.

"So.. Fish have diseases because Adam sinned?"

Yeah, it's weird.

They find new ways to make me laugh.

[Image: giphy.gif]
25-02-2014, 11:47 AM
(25-02-2014 02:51 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Why does rape victim not have enough strength to defend him/herself from the attacker? There is no free will in that situation on the part of the victim. Platingas defense fails.
Apparently the free will of the rapist&murderer is more important to God than the free will of their victims Evil_monster

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
25-02-2014, 11:48 AM
(25-02-2014 07:55 AM)lamexcuses Wrote:  Ohh.. This is really sad.

Sometimes I really don't understand if I hate these people for their shallow and illogical thinking or I pity them.

What makes them this way...? Sigh..

Cognitive dissonance. The whole notion of sickness and natural disaster coming from sin is almost certainly a byproduct of free will not addressing that aspect of the problem of evil (assuming you expand "evil" to include "suffering"). They want to believe in an all loving god who presides over this world with all its suffering... and they want to absolve him from any responsibility.

But yeah, running into that argument on Facebook or something is really aggravating.
27-02-2014, 04:28 AM
I just talked to a girl who first said she wanted to cure all cancer forever but when I bring up almighty god she believes in she backed down and said they are bad people who deserve cancer so fuck em.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]