People that think they're funny but really aren't.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2015, 05:09 PM
No this is not a thread about me.

So I was in the grocery store the other day and as I was leaving I was passing the lotto/scratchy counter and overheard the two ladies there saying how it's not funny when people ask them if they know the winning lotto numbers because they get asked all the time and it's not original and shit.

It got me thinking, I have a very similar situation at my work. I work security most the time and there's a set of EAS gates (those security panels that beep) that I stand by. Every second douchebag thinks it's the most funniest thing in the world to either 1) pretend to steal something and just start sprinting as soon as they go through them or 2) pretend to get electrocuted by the gates.

Both times the person cracks up and looks at me and think they've done the most original funniest thing of all time. Every time I just give them a blank expression like I don't give a fuck. 1) if you did steal you wouldn't start running when you've already gotten away with walking out the door and the security guard hasn't stopped you and 2) you can't get electrocuted by those things...

So now I'm curious if anyone has work related things (or non-work related) where customers think they've come up with the funniest thing ever when really every second customer does it and it's not funny after the millionth time you've seen it.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-12-2015, 05:20 PM
I used to work the cash register at McDonald's. Whenever someone would get 6.66 as their total they would buy something else. It's not really funny but 6.66 is just a number.

That is really immature of your customers who do that with the gates.
[+] 3 users Like musicharmony87's post
20-12-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: People that think they're funny but really aren't.
Yes, my first name is genderless and is use interchangeably.

I get, "Funny, you don't look like a boy/man?" or on the phone, "Funny, you don't sound like a boy/man?"

I've been sorely tempted on more than one occasion to return, "Wait, let me check for a penis, just to be sure." Facepalm

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
20-12-2015, 06:10 PM
(20-12-2015 05:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No this is not a thread about me.

So I was in the grocery store the other day and as I was leaving I was passing the lotto/scratchy counter and overheard the two ladies there saying how it's not funny when people ask them if they know the winning lotto numbers because they get asked all the time and it's not original and shit.

It got me thinking, I have a very similar situation at my work. I work security most the time and there's a set of EAS gates (those security panels that beep) that I stand by. Every second douchebag thinks it's the most funniest thing in the world to either 1) pretend to steal something and just start sprinting as soon as they go through them or 2) pretend to get electrocuted by the gates.

Both times the person cracks up and looks at me and think they've done the most original funniest thing of all time. Every time I just give them a blank expression like I don't give a fuck. 1) if you did steal you wouldn't start running when you've already gotten away with walking out the door and the security guard hasn't stopped you and 2) you can't get electrocuted by those things...

So now I'm curious if anyone has work related things (or non-work related) where customers think they've come up with the funniest thing ever when really every second customer does it and it's not funny after the millionth time you've seen it.

Blush Guess I'll stop doing the first one.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
20-12-2015, 06:14 PM
When I delivered for UPS people would quite often ask me what was in the package. I would always answer that I am not allowed to open the packages any more!
[+] 3 users Like DerFish's post
20-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Everyone thinks I'm joking when I'm trying to be serious.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
20-12-2015, 06:54 PM
This thread doesn't apply to me because I'm always fucking hilarious.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 8 users Like BnW's post
20-12-2015, 07:00 PM
(20-12-2015 05:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So now I'm curious if anyone has work related things (or non-work related) where customers think they've come up with the funniest thing ever when really every second customer does it and it's not funny after the millionth time you've seen it.

No

Now, wasn't that funny ?
Lamo

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-12-2015, 01:11 AM
(20-12-2015 06:45 PM)pablo Wrote:  Everyone thinks I'm joking when I'm trying to be serious.

Seriously???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-12-2015, 01:15 AM
(20-12-2015 05:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No this is not a thread about me.

And yet you're the only one I can think of that would need to preface their OP with this statement.

Fuckin' muffs...

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post