People think it's real? This can't be real!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2013, 03:24 PM
RE: People think it's real? This can't be real!
Quote:Wait... Does forcing a persons hand count as subverting free will?
Last I checked, if you don't fellow Jewbus, you get sent into an unending hell. ++That is kind of like hold a person up at a poker game and telling him; "If you don't fold, I will shoot you. But that is your decision to make." Not many options there. Or did I miss out on Hell being removed recently?

Not that I fear hell that is, I mean, what could hell possibly do to me once I am dead? Burn my used atoms? Scorch my not-skin? Poke the worms and bacteria that ate and decomposed my body with a pitchfork perhaps?
And when we watch the film and the fellow says pridefully, "Go ahead and shoot," we think, "Wow, he's prideful... and dead now."
And the used atoms sounds trite. Even man can manipulate the atom now. We watch Star Trek's transporters and think, "Okay, they have a REALLY big database to scramble and unscramble the mass" and then you say Jesus Christ can't recompose you from other atoms and put your soul back in you? That just seems silly to think that God who made quasars and black holes cannot reconstitute a body for you after death...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 03:27 PM
(05-02-2013 03:22 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:That has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever seen.

We reject all religions equally because we actually think. You are brainwashed.
There are distinctions, Chas. Which of the other religions publicly preach? How many Hindus, Buddhists and Muslims are on this forum trying to "reach" freethinkers? No, Christianity is real and true and a great motivator for us as believers. Jesus loves you!
There are no distinctions. There have been non-Christians here, as well.

There is no more evidence for Christianity being real and true than there is for any other religion.

Christianity is a vile theology of redemption through vicarious sacrifice. Disgustingly immoral.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-02-2013, 03:28 PM
(05-02-2013 03:24 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Wait... Does forcing a persons hand count as subverting free will?
Last I checked, if you don't fellow Jewbus, you get sent into an unending hell. ++That is kind of like hold a person up at a poker game and telling him; "If you don't fold, I will shoot you. But that is your decision to make." Not many options there. Or did I miss out on Hell being removed recently?

Not that I fear hell that is, I mean, what could hell possibly do to me once I am dead? Burn my used atoms? Scorch my not-skin? Poke the worms and bacteria that ate and decomposed my body with a pitchfork perhaps?
And when we watch the film and the fellow says pridefully, "Go ahead and shoot," we think, "Wow, he's prideful... and dead now."
And the used atoms sounds trite. Even man can manipulate the atom now. We watch Star Trek's transporters and think, "Okay, they have a REALLY big database to scramble and unscramble the mass" and then you say Jesus Christ can't recompose you from other atoms and put your soul back in you? That just seems silly to think that God who made quasars and black holes cannot reconstitute a body for you after death...
Star Trek is just as real as Christianity. I'm glad you finally see that. Yes

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:You contend that archaeological verification of places gives the bible enough credibility to use it as a basis for religious worship. I contend that we need some verification of a more religious nature, some verification of the supernatural stuff, of god, of Jesus, of anything biblical beyond the location of some of the villages in the stories - without some religious verification, it's all just mythology that happens to contain some actual locations.
No, I contend that since hundreds of place names, and extraordinary achievements, have been verified for archaeology, and not ONE verse of the Bible has been displaced by archaeology, that it is tired and old to say "The whole book is useless." At least be real and say, "Some very careful writers created an elaborate and beautiful fiction." It's just distasteful to be that closed minded IMHO.

Quote:Prophecy, shmophecy. There are tons of prophecies in the bible and most of them have not come true. The few that seem to have come true might just be random luck - if you predict enough stuff, some of it will happen, sooner or later. If these really are the words of God, shouldn't they all have come true?
Yes, none of the prophecies regarding the Second Coming of Christ have come true. If you're saying it's random luck that Jesus:
*Was betrayed for 30 pieces of silver by a close associate with a kiss
*Died with his wrists and feet pierced
*Was born in Bethlehem of the tribe of Judah
Etc, etc. you're just fishing. I'm sorry but the prophecies of the Bible show us God's compassion in revealing to us quite enough truth to make a reasonable, informed decision.
The first link you found on Google discredited the prophecy, which begins with a date that is a matter of verified through documents and archaeology, by saying "some say" the Babylonian captivity didn't last the full 70 years. Of course "some say" that. The same ones who say Daniel lied about the prophecy in hindsight. Sad.
05-02-2013, 03:31 PM
AW: RE: People think it's real? This can't be real!
(05-02-2013 03:22 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Jesus loves you!
Aaaaaand you just lost me.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:Christianity is a vile theology of redemption through vicarious sacrifice. Disgustingly immoral.
Are you saying you cannot think of a situation where vicarious sacrifice is appropriate or moral?
Quote:Star Trek is just as real as Christianity. I'm glad you finally see that.
Are you saying you are unaware that the appeal of Star Trek is that of all good sci-fi, to make us think about today's issues in a future setting while exploring the limits of what is possible for man? Are you saying you don't think transporters are possible in the far distant future?
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/48087875/ns/te...e-science/
05-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:Aaaaaand you just lost me.
Lostness may be a self-imposition, sir. Come and be found. Smile
05-02-2013, 03:49 PM
(05-02-2013 03:40 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Christianity is a vile theology of redemption through vicarious sacrifice. Disgustingly immoral.
Are you saying you cannot think of a situation where vicarious sacrifice is appropriate or moral?

It is scapegoating and it is always immoral and irrational.

Quote:
Quote:Star Trek is just as real as Christianity. I'm glad you finally see that.
Are you saying you are unaware that the appeal of Star Trek is that of all good sci-fi, to make us think about today's issues in a future setting while exploring the limits of what is possible for man? Are you saying you don't think transporters are possible in the far distant future?
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/48087875/ns/te...e-science/

Are you are saying that the value of Christianity is that it is fiction that makes us think about something?

05-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:It is scapegoating and it is always immoral and irrational.
So if I saw you very hungry and I gave up my lunch so that you might eat...?
Quote:Are you are saying that the value of Christianity is that it is fiction that makes us think about something?
I'm saying the value of Star Trek is it is fiction that makes us think about possibilities. The poster who wrote "What's he gonna do? Reconstitute my atoms together?" is forgetting that man is working to manipulate atoms as we speak. In the words of Morpheus, "Free your mind." Freethinkers? Not accurate.
05-02-2013, 04:03 PM
(05-02-2013 03:56 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:It is scapegoating and it is always immoral and irrational.
So if I saw you very hungry and I gave up my lunch so that you might eat...?

That is not scapegoating. Do you know what scapegoating is? It is putting the sins of the tribe onto a goat and driving it out into the desert. This removes the sins of the tribe. This is the vicarious sacrifice of Jesus's crucifiction, and this is what is vile and immoral. Not to mention just plain loony-tunes.

Quote:
Quote:Are you are saying that the value of Christianity is that it is fiction that makes us think about something?
I'm saying the value of Star Trek is it is fiction that makes us think about possibilities. The poster who wrote "What's he gonna do? Reconstitute my atoms together?" is forgetting that man is working to manipulate atoms as we speak. In the words of Morpheus, "Free your mind." Freethinkers? Not accurate.

What has that to do with a belief in a god?