People think it's real? This can't be real!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2013, 12:12 AM
RE: People think it's real? This can't be real!
(05-02-2013 03:22 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Jesus loves you!
Maranathra ! or whatever it is you crazies say when someone says something you like Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-02-2013, 03:13 AM
I think the word you're looking for is Bazinga!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
06-02-2013, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 06:31 AM by EvolutionKills.)

Jesus has other ideas...

[Image: 9bevpe.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
06-02-2013, 05:37 AM

Nope.

And here I thought 'love' was a hormonal reaction to certain stimuli. That's an amazing feat for a character in an ignorant primitives story book.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-02-2013, 06:45 AM
(05-02-2013 02:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Hi pxlgirl. As a fundamentalist Christian, I absolutely align with you. You have zero true religions, I have one and only one. Christians are quite close to freethinkers in this regard.
Yeah, right... if you were a muslim, you'd say: There are zero true religions, I have the only one, the islam is the most peaceful in this regard. *clicky, clicky.... BOOOOOM!!* -> Next!

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like pxlgirl's post
06-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:That is not scapegoating. Do you know what scapegoating is? It is putting the sins of the tribe onto a goat and driving it out into the desert. This removes the sins of the tribe. This is the vicarious sacrifice of Jesus's crucifiction, and this is what is vile and immoral. Not to mention just plain loony-tunes.
Right on. Which is why the scapegoat was a temporary religious covering. The sacrifice of Christ triumphs. I just feel sad. I feel sad that you feel that if Jesus can die so that drug abusers and murderers and you and I can become truly reformed, cleansed and guilt free, that you and Mr. Hitchens before you feel that is "disgusting".
It's not disgusting when someone who was abused as a child and is tortured in the prison of their mind as an adult finds the peace of Jesus and instead of feeling guilt or anger feels compassion toward the one who brutalized them. It's not disgusting to be made free.
06-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:Yeah, right... if you were a muslim, you'd say: There are zero true religions, I have the only one, the islam is the most peaceful in this regard. *clicky, clicky.... BOOOOOM!!* -> Next!
By George, I think you've got it! A Muslim who carefully follows the Qu'ran will kill, and I, and all real born again Christians, are not only yet to go on our first crusade for the Pope, but preach love and forgiveness to all. By George, you are not far from the Kingdom of God!
06-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:And here I thought 'love' was a hormonal reaction to certain stimuli. That's an amazing feat for a character in an ignorant primitives story book.
And that's what's also sad. Now you can be in a relationship, even married with children, and not feel the hormonal reaction anymore, and divorce. "You don't love them anymore."
But when I say "Jesus loves you," I'm thinking not only of His feelings for you but of His self-sacrifical love. He demonstrates love via commitment. I demonstrate love via commitment even when I'm not feeling hormonal, which is also called adult maturity--letting facts of commitment and bonding rule your choices and not feelings, like a petulant child.
Good luck with the naturalist definition of love, by the way. I'm sure my wife would have been thrilled if I proposed with, "Let's hook up. I'm feeling pheromones kick in here, and hormonal towards you. Of course, once those feelings dissipate I'm out..." No, your intended wants to hear "I'll be faithful and love you forever."
06-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:Maranathra ! or whatever it is you crazies say when someone says something you like
Maranatha = Come to us soon, Jesus.
Bazinga = Yes! I just won another round of rocks, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock! Smile Peace out.
06-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Who the fuck is George? But seriously though... You obviously buy all that religious stuff, well fine, so be it, it's not my problem. But why would you imply that atheists (or even folks of other religions) would want to join your club? Why don't you just live and let live? Why do christians need to force their crap on everyone they run into? Since you are in an atheist community, it's pretty obvious that your views will be challenged. I personally have no interest to "convert" anyone, people can take care of that part and decide on their own. You are free to believe in god, unicorns, bigfoot... I couldn't care less, it's your life and do whatever makes you happy, but ffs, don't push it on others.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pxlgirl's post