People think it's real? This can't be real!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: People think it's real? This can't be real!
I was having a bad day till I read your posts and they gave me a well needed laugh. thanks.. my favorite is below

"and not ONE verse of the Bible has been displaced by archaeology" . <---- Delusional
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
(06-02-2013 07:56 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:That is not scapegoating. Do you know what scapegoating is? It is putting the sins of the tribe onto a goat and driving it out into the desert. This removes the sins of the tribe. This is the vicarious sacrifice of Jesus's crucifiction, and this is what is vile and immoral. Not to mention just plain loony-tunes.
Right on. Which is why the scapegoat was a temporary religious covering. The sacrifice of Christ triumphs. I just feel sad. I feel sad that you feel that if Jesus can die so that drug abusers and murderers and you and I can become truly reformed, cleansed and guilt free, that you and Mr. Hitchens before you feel that is "disgusting".
It's not disgusting when someone who was abused as a child and is tortured in the prison of their mind as an adult finds the peace of Jesus and instead of feeling guilt or anger feels compassion toward the one who brutalized them. It's not disgusting to be made free.

It is disgusting. Only the victim of harm can forgive the one who harmed them. A rapist cannot be forgiven of his crime by his buddies or his parents or the local priest. It is the victim who holds the power to forgive, or not.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 4 users Like Phaedrus's post
06-02-2013, 03:51 PM
(06-02-2013 07:56 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:That is not scapegoating. Do you know what scapegoating is? It is putting the sins of the tribe onto a goat and driving it out into the desert. This removes the sins of the tribe. This is the vicarious sacrifice of Jesus's crucifiction, and this is what is vile and immoral. Not to mention just plain loony-tunes.
Right on. Which is why the scapegoat was a temporary religious covering. The sacrifice of Christ triumphs. I just feel sad. I feel sad that you feel that if Jesus can die so that drug abusers and murderers and you and I can become truly reformed, cleansed and guilt free, that you and Mr. Hitchens before you feel that is "disgusting".
It's not disgusting when someone who was abused as a child and is tortured in the prison of their mind as an adult finds the peace of Jesus and instead of feeling guilt or anger feels compassion toward the one who brutalized them. It's not disgusting to be made free.

1. Scapegoating is morally reprehensible. When someone transgresses upon someone else, it is up to the person wronged to decide in their own fashion when, and if ever, to forgive said transgression. Heaping your 'sins' onto a surrogate vessel and sacrificing it, instead of actually taking responsibility for your own fucking actions, is a load of monumental bullshit. Your system of morality has nothing to do with moral accountability, and thus it is a hollow and ultimately devoid of substance.

2. Even with the above mentioned, Jesus' claimed sacrifice is total bullshit. For starters he was just a cog in the machine of a plan hatched by God/himself to solve a problem that God/himself created, and apparently couldn't solve in any other way except through blood sacrifice (how delightfully enlightened they appear to be). Jesus' death was just a means to an end, one step in a multiple step plan. He didn't choose to sacrifice himself, the choice was already made for him, and this strips any nobility away from the action. And how bad did he really suffer? Three days in Hell, then right back to his time-share in Heaven. That's like Bill Gates spending three days pretending to be homeless and living under a bridge, then expecting to be loved and thanked forever after for his 'noble' sacrifice, even though he just went right back to his mansion afterwards. It is a hollow and meaningless sacrifice.

3. Suffering under a delusion, however comforting, is NOT freedom; it is a psychosis.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Real Reasons for Ratzinger's Retirement Mark Fulton 92 4,265 16-07-2014 07:47 AM
Last Post: Skippy538
  the cliche', "why do bad things happen to good people" Roger_the_alien 18 369 02-07-2014 11:06 AM
Last Post: docskeptic
  Arguments to convince religious people Mozart Link 11 293 02-07-2014 02:22 AM
Last Post: JONES
  Proof Yahweh isn't real. TSG 40 1,948 18-06-2014 12:57 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  If it was real... part 1 TheStraightener 27 374 29-05-2014 08:09 AM
Last Post: djkamilo
  Why people leave Mormonism/religion - comprehensive list freetoreason 7 194 28-05-2014 12:48 AM
Last Post: ShirubaDangan
  According to Christians, are all the people who lived before Jesus in hell? Chrisinfp 12 226 27-05-2014 12:56 PM
Last Post: Michael_Tadlock