People who abandon their friends after entering a romantic relationship

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2014, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 09:43 PM by Cathym112.)
RE: People who abandon their friends after entering a romantic relationship
(01-08-2014 04:15 PM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 01:01 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Sorry, since this isn't the support section, I can tell you that I whole heartedly agree.....With your Friend.

You are in your THIRTIES and taking personal offense to a man putting his partner above his friends? It sounds like you are the one thats needs to fuck off.

People come and go, sometimes more than once, from your life. Most of my friends and I see each other infrequently. We have busy work schedules, kids, stress, vacation, volunteering and sometimes live in separate parts of the country. My sister of the heart just had a new baby with serious health problems. So she has no time for me, no money for lunches or drinks, and only has a sitter for an hour a day so that she can get in a run or grocery shop or whatever. So if i want to see her, I need to run with her, or go with her grocery shopping, while she multi-tasks. Its always me who arranges to see her, because she is too preoccupied with her family at the moment. And thats ok. Its not personal. When we see each other (sometimes friends I haven't seen in 10 years), its all good.

Perhaps you too can pick up where you left off without making it a personal affront to you that they...I dunno...didn't revolve their life around you?

You sound needy and need more friends or a relationship of your own.

Dude, what does your bullshit story about friends in other parts of the country have to do with what I said?

Can you read? I said *some* of my friends live in different parts of the country.

My story had to do with you perhaps needing to do the shit HE wants to do since it was "like pulling teeth" to hang out with him.

You are needy as shit for someone in their 30s.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 02:13 AM
It's cute that you think I'm needy but I assure you that isn't the case.
03-08-2014, 06:20 AM
(02-08-2014 02:13 AM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  It's cute that you think I'm needy but I assure you that isn't the case.

You felt compelled to start a thread regarding your feelings of rebuke when your friend spent time with his love over you. But whatever you say. Thumbsup

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
03-08-2014, 09:44 AM
(03-08-2014 06:20 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 02:13 AM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  It's cute that you think I'm needy but I assure you that isn't the case.

You felt compelled to start a thread regarding your feelings of rebuke when your friend spent time with his love over you. But whatever you say. Thumbsup

Inferring from my original post that I'm "needy" just makes you a presumptuous moron. Your little diatribe about friends who have fallen on hard times has nothing to do with the type of person I'm describing.
03-08-2014, 09:56 AM
(03-08-2014 09:44 AM)give me moon rocks Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 06:20 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You felt compelled to start a thread regarding your feelings of rebuke when your friend spent time with his love over you. But whatever you say. Thumbsup

Inferring from my original post that I'm "needy" just makes you a presumptuous moron. Your little diatribe about friends who have fallen on hard times has nothing to do with the type of person I'm describing.

Telling your friend to fuck off because getting him to hang out with you "was like pulling teeth" makes you needy. But whatever. Have a nice day.