People who are totally different to what you expect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2013, 04:43 PM
People who are totally different to what you expect
This will probably apply more to people on Skype but has anyone here ever spoke to another member only to find they are totally different to what you expected?

This happened to me the other day. I was on Skype in a group call and MSBB got added in. I kinda toned myself down with inappropriate jokes as I thought she may be the type who wasn't too comfortable with them, turns out she's even worse than me (as you may have noticed from the "Quotes Taken Out Of Context" thread)! Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
19-08-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: People who are totally different to what you expect
(19-08-2013 04:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  This will probably apply more to people on Skype but has anyone here ever spoke to another member only to find they are totally different to what you expected?

This happened to me the other day. I was on Skype in a group call and MSBB got added in. I kinda toned myself down with inappropriate jokes as I thought she may be the type who wasn't too comfortable with them, turns out she's even worse than me (as you may have noticed from the "Quotes Taken Out Of Context" thread)! Big Grin

What did you expect from me?

Not very inquiring minds want to know!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-08-2013, 04:48 PM
(19-08-2013 04:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  This will probably apply more to people on Skype but has anyone here ever spoke to another member only to find they are totally different to what you expected?

You're oblivious. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2013, 04:50 PM
(19-08-2013 04:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  What did you expect from me?

Not very inquiring minds want to know!

I don't remember particularly expecting anything from you before we first spoke. Someone was like "hey, wanna talk to Free Thought" and I was like "OK, I wonder what this dude's like".

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
19-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Already happened with me, when He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named posted, (moved) that pic of me.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-08-2013, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 05:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
I expected Ferdinand to be a 50 yo G-Man impersonating a teenage girl on a mission to track down and entrap pedos, you know like LegendOfLink. Still not 100% sure she ain't, but if you're willing to castrate yourself so you have the voice of a woman, well then G-Man you've gone above and beyond the call of duty.

[Image: bravo-7466.gif]

That, and Hughsie's brighter in a real dialogue and conversation than he demonstrates here. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-08-2013, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 06:19 PM by Luminon.)
I expected Dark Light to be a big, tough military guy with deep voice and lots of muscles. He certainly listens to some tough music, so I kinda expected someone like DarkMatter2525.

Other than that, I didn't have any expectations and nobody probably had any expectations with me. They're all pretty much a bunch of foul-mouthed, silly joking guys like all high-schoolers of the world. The only difference from my former classmates is their nerdy interest in religion, atheism and economy, their relative sobriety and good English language skills.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
19-08-2013, 06:40 PM
FT I thought was in his mid-late twenties when I first started chatting.

I'm sure I'm pretty much the same on here as I am on skype. Lol
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
19-08-2013, 07:10 PM
(19-08-2013 06:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  FT I thought was in his mid-late twenties when I first started chatting.

I'm sure I'm pretty much the same on here as I am on skype. Lol

I used to get that a lot when I first started to talk to people on the internet...

I don't know why.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Unfortunately, the last time I was in a group skype conversation, I was really full of alcohol and recall making terribly stupid jokes Undecided Generally I'm not like that hah.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.