People who hug

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: People who hug
(12-06-2014 01:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I am a hugger. I can't help it.

However. I wouldn't hug someone until I found out if they were okay with it. I'm not a hugging molester. Drinking Beverage

I'm around theatre and dance people who love nothing more than to hug each other. On the scale of horrible things being done to others this ranks very at the bottom so I don't mind hugging someone. I think it's kind of nice.

Hobbitgirl, it's going to get harder to hug someone face to face so you're going to have to get backward hugs. Big Grin

[Image: pregcouple150.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 03:33 PM
(12-06-2014 02:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

However. I wouldn't hug someone until I found out if they were okay with it. I'm not a hugging molester. Drinking Beverage

I'm around theatre and dance people who love nothing more than to hug each other. On the scale of horrible things being done to others this ranks very at the bottom so I don't mind hugging someone. I think it's kind of nice.

Hobbitgirl, it's going to get harder to hug someone face to face so you're going to have to get backward hugs. Big Grin

ooooooh backwards hugs is my favorite way to hug my wife, I will keep it pg and not expound on that comment Blush

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
12-06-2014, 04:05 PM
I get lonely a bit so hugs are really nice. I'm one of those who would hug people more but I care a lot that a lot of people would feel uncomfortable, hence I don't. And this doesn't feel good. From my point of view the best thing for you to do would be tell the person it makes them uncomfortable.
12-06-2014, 04:08 PM
(12-06-2014 02:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

So true! Its going to be very awkward backing up to people with a back up signal and ask for hugs. *beep beep beep*
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
12-06-2014, 04:29 PM
I'll only do hugs with my wife or child. Anyone else, and it's just weird and I don't appreciate ninja hugs. I guess I was never hugged much growing up and it just stuck with me as something that is beyond my comfort zone.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
12-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Not a hugger, never have been.

I tend to back away without even thinking about it.

Stay out of my bubble, thank you very much.

No problem hugging the grandkids...other than that...um, no.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
12-06-2014, 06:44 PM
I am generally opposed to the death penalty but these people are one of my few exceptions.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-06-2014, 01:07 AM
(12-06-2014 09:38 AM)Takelababy Wrote:  I'm not referring to family and very close friends, but acquaintances. I get very uncomfortable when people, especially men who try to hug me as there's always that sexual overtone to it. Women will do a neck hug but men seem to go for the full body, almost bear hug with a woman. I was raised to respect another's space but with too many men, when I've tried to opt for a handshake instead, they grab my hand and pull me toward them. I find myself covering my breasts with my other arm and pulling back. How do others deal with this. I left a social group for this very reason. People have this idea it makes others feel loved. They don't love me and I certainly don't love them nor feel loved by them. How do others deal with this?

I used to be a bid hugs person, but now I wait for the invitation--not with family though or very close friends.

I was told by a close acquaintance, the first time I hugged her, to "please do not trespass into my 3 feet of personal space; I don't like to be hugged, just by my mom and dad." I immediately apologized, and saw her rebuke as very healthy on her part.

Just after that episode I wondered why I hug people. One of the things I considered was that maybe I am exerting a type of control over that person. I also then realized that most of the non family people I hug are younger than I am. I considered it was after all a type of control as well as a statement of that persons status to me.

Hugging my close acquaintance was a boundary issue. She let me know, and she was right. A lesson learned.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
13-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Not a big fan of hugs either, I feel when I hug some one can stab my back and rip my apart from the gaping wound they left. But that is just my I feel everything might kill me instinct. Confused

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-06-2014, 03:06 PM

Me too
Hug
generally just filled to the brim with love & happiness to overflowing........so I bestow some of my smoochie-ness on others with random hugs.

yeah.....
it's a little disturbing.
I agree
Big GrinHeart

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post