People who put God's "morals" above their own.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2012, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 03:58 AM by Vlad.)
People who put God's "morals" above their own.
Do you know any?

For example, there's this guy who posts once in a while in an (Israeli) atheist forum who claims that if God told him to, he would gladly kill his own son just like Abraham did with Isaac (or intended to do, to be precise). Then he procceed to blame us atheists for being twisted and too proud to see that there's nothing bad with sacrificing your son for God. He also did not see anything wrong with Lot giving his daughters away to rapists to save his guests (which happen to be God's angel, and God decided to not interfere for some heavenly, unknown reason).

Seriously, what the fuck? How can he tell us that WE are twisted after saying things like that?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2012, 04:07 AM
RE: People who put God's "morals" above their own.
Welcome to religon.

People will do anything in the name of god and your crazy if you wouldn't do the same.
Heres the thing, that guy sounds like a theoretical tough guy..

He says these things because he knows he will never be asked. Ask him why and he will probably tell you that it is because god is merciful. We know otherwise.

Many religous people think that athiests are immoral because we aren't bond by the ten commandments or some crap

"To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good." - Pslams 14:1
22-01-2012, 08:08 AM
(22-01-2012 03:54 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Do you know any?

For example, there's this guy who posts once in a while in an (Israeli) atheist forum who claims that if God told him to, he would gladly kill his own son just like Abraham did with Isaac (or intended to do, to be precise). Then he procceed to blame us atheists for being twisted and too proud to see that there's nothing bad with sacrificing your son for God. He also did not see anything wrong with Lot giving his daughters away to rapists to save his guests (which happen to be God's angel, and God decided to not interfere for some heavenly, unknown reason).

Seriously, what the fuck? How can he tell us that WE are twisted after saying things like that?

God's morals? Hahahahahahahahaha!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2012, 08:30 AM
God has morals? That's news to me.
Do genocidal monsters even have morals?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
22-01-2012, 09:08 AM
That's why I put "morals" in quotation mark.
22-01-2012, 09:27 AM
What kind of "god" would send his only "son" to a primitive place and not give him a roll of toilet paper for the trip?
Completely immoral by any measure. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like TalladegaTom's post
24-01-2012, 09:35 PM
(22-01-2012 03:54 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Seriously, what the fuck? How can he tell us that WE are twisted after saying things like that?

Atheism is attacked now for the same reason it has been for the last 1,500 years by Christians. They can't defend their beliefs and the atheist position is logically sound. Fat Tommy (Thomas Aquinas) set the rule for just killing atheists. That’s how you win an argument when your position is indefensible. They would kill you today if they had the political power, along with homosexuals, believers in any other religion, people who owned land that they wanted, etc.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
25-01-2012, 02:59 PM

(24-01-2012 09:35 PM)Thomas Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 03:54 AM)Vlad Wrote:  Seriously, what the fuck? How can he tell us that WE are twisted after saying things like that?

Atheism is attacked now for the same reason it has been for the last 1,500 years by Christians. They can't defend their beliefs and the atheist position is logically sound. Fat Tommy (Thomas Aquinas) set the rule for just killing atheists. That’s how you win an argument when your position is indefensible. They would kill you today if they had the political power, along with homosexuals, believers in any other religion, people who owned land that they wanted, etc.

Somewhat related..but those people in history that have lived by the REAL EXAMPLE as laid out by God's Resume (the old Testament)...i am talking people who are following the moral example of god as demonstrated by the Gman himself. Hitler and Stalin come to mind. But their numbers truly do pale in comparison.

D
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Today I heard a self-professed Christian announce (during a conversation about morality and the importance of Religion therein) that Religion is the only reason we mourn for loved ones and that if he wasn't religious and his mother died he wouldn't be sad. When you are done facepalming let me know. The scary thing? People around him *NODDED*! Confused The good news? I wasn't the only person to turn to him and question that logic! Big Grin There may have been invocations of the morality of and mourning behavior exhibited by pack animals. If you aren't familiar with either I highly recommend looking into it, I find it very fascinating and incredibly useful for these kinds of conversations. He didn't get it, but I do believe I saw a few people have an "ah hah!" moment, so not a total loss. Big Grin

"He who will not reason, is a bigot; he who cannot, is a fool; and he who dares not, is a slave." ~Sir William Drummond
27-01-2012, 07:53 AM
What gets me is when people say, "I just try to do what God would want me to do". I'm thinking, "WTF?" Can they not be a good person without relying on what God wants? Confused

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain