People with nice lives who think they're blessed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: People with nice lives who think they're blessed
(07-08-2014 01:11 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  To me, it doesn't matter how useful I am now. As long as I am unable to live a life of pure choices and such as well as a promised afterlife, I am inferior. It doesn't matter how useful I am, as long as I am inferior, this is the reason why I consider myself and life worthless. I am inferior to my ideal self (the person I wish I was which would be me having pure joy/empowerment and living a life of pure choice and such with a promised afterlife as well).

Yes dear. It is hard giving up Santy and the Easter Bun-Bun, but you'll be ok.
We all feel very very very sorry for you, poor thing.
Now run out and play.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Some people really don't get it, I guess. Undecided

Life is here .... NOW.
If you really want to live fully, you might have to work to get there ... but since working toward progress is part of it... the small accomplishments add up to really living well.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-08-2014, 07:41 PM
(07-08-2014 02:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 01:11 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  To me, it doesn't matter how useful I am now. As long as I am unable to live a life of pure choices and such as well as a promised afterlife, I am inferior. It doesn't matter how useful I am, as long as I am inferior, this is the reason why I consider myself and life worthless. I am inferior to my ideal self (the person I wish I was which would be me having pure joy/empowerment and living a life of pure choice and such with a promised afterlife as well).

Yes dear. It is hard giving up Santy and the Easter Bun-Bun, but you'll be ok.
We all feel very very very sorry for you, poor thing.
Now run out and play.

.. in the traffic.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
08-08-2014, 05:16 AM

It has to be perfect or it's worthless? Consider

Grow the fuck up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2014, 09:02 AM
People who talk about being blessed for being successful are bragging on two fronts. Basically saying "I got more stuff than you AND I am a better Christian that you."
08-08-2014, 10:33 AM
(08-08-2014 09:02 AM)wazzel Wrote:  People who talk about being blessed for being successful are bragging on two fronts. Basically saying "I got more stuff than you AND I am a better Christian that you."

"God likes me better."

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
08-08-2014, 10:36 AM
(08-08-2014 10:33 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 09:02 AM)wazzel Wrote:  People who talk about being blessed for being successful are bragging on two fronts. Basically saying "I got more stuff than you AND I am a better Christian that you."

"God likes me better."

No me, I got more stuff.
08-08-2014, 05:36 PM
I've seen many theists thank god for food, water, a home, their job etc.

Shouldn't they really just be thanking him for being born in a developed country and not the third world?

Cos that's the only reason you've got all that stuff.