Perceived superiority/inferiority problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2018, 10:59 AM
RE: Perceived superiority/inferiority problem
(22-12-2017 11:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The trick is being too superior to care about the abuse.
I personally find it difficult not to care about being dumped/punched in the face/called a paedophile etc ad infinitum.

(22-12-2017 11:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Oh, and don't patronise the inferiors too much... it's not their fault.
Again being patronised is in the eye of the beholder imo. I mean if somebody says "I don't believe in evolution; I believe life started 6000 years ago and human life started with Adam and Eve" and one replies "well, the earliest known life yet discovered are fossilised microorganisms found in the proximity of hydrothermal vents which have been carbon dated to be circa 4.28 billion years old; hydrothermal vents have long been theorised to be a very likely candidate for abiogenesis; and if human life began with Adam and Eve then how did it continue? Did their children commit incest?" that would doubtless be conceived by many to be extremely condescending/offensive/patronising but WTF can you do?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2018, 11:00 AM
(22-12-2017 06:09 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Player hating is another name for part of this issue. For those that don't yet know, it is the fact that at the moment many people abuse those they perceive to be superior, as it damages their self esteem to view themselves as being inferior.

Let me see if I can parse and gist this. ... gimme a sec ... What you're saying is that you feel I am persecuting you because I think you are superior to me and my self-esteem can't handle that epiphany instead of you're just a convenient fool to scratch my ridicule itch.. ... This is why you have no friends.

(22-12-2017 06:09 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Another element of the problem is that many people who view themselves as being inferior get depressed about it.

Which is it? Do you feel inferior or superior?

(22-12-2017 06:09 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Anybody got any ideas about possible solutions for this?

Yeah, but you're not gonna like any of them.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-01-2018, 11:00 AM
It's a fact of life.
If you believe in evolution it's the grease in the gears.
[Image: told-that-bitch-i-rule-narnia-bitches-love-narnia.jpg]

Of course it's been somewhat stood on it's head.
Like somehow the program for humans got crossed up with the one for weasels.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
09-01-2018, 11:04 AM
(22-12-2017 11:41 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  So who, exactly, is abusing people they see as "superior" to themselves?
Nearly bloody everybody I'm sorry to admit; I've even caught myself doing it fairly recently and I'm extremely aware of the problem compared to most.

(22-12-2017 11:41 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Superior in what way? Does having lots of money, for instance, make them superior? If they are entrepreneurs who got rich on their own hard work, determination, and unusual skills in some area, while creating new wealth in the economy, then perhaps they are superior (at least in the business arena) and should be applauded. If they are "moguls" who got there on Daddy's money while accumulating wealth only for themselves, then not so much. How about the best teachers, entertainers, sports figures, musicians, singers, artists and shoemakers? Are lots of people abusing them for being superior?
Yup; and also physical beauty; wisdom; confidence; humorousness; the beauty/success of their lovers etc.
09-01-2018, 11:10 AM
(09-01-2018 11:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-12-2017 06:09 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Player hating is another name for part of this issue. For those that don't yet know, it is the fact that at the moment many people abuse those they perceive to be superior, as it damages their self esteem to view themselves as being inferior.

Let me see if I can parse and gist this. ... gimme a sec ... What you're saying is that you feel I am persecuting you because I think you are superior to me and my self-esteem can't handle that epiphany instead of you're just a convenient fool to scratch my ridicule itch.. ... This is why you have no friends.
Not all abuse is the result of player hating imo. You (and many others here too imo) are nasty to me at the moment because of our disagreements about transsexualism. Shit sticks. Oh yeah and my rep Rolleyes

Quote:Which is it? Do you feel inferior or superior?
Inferior in some ways but superior most of the time tbh because I'm surrounded by severe ignorance in my area and I get so much hate.

Quote:
(22-12-2017 06:09 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Anybody got any ideas about possible solutions for this?
Yeah, but you're not gonna like any of them.
Wish I was psychic like you...
09-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Keep It Real;p="2607845 Wrote:Solutions - everybody can have their multiple unique top dog specialities - if they read/learn enough. Everybody's house is their castle. Fairly accurate/succinct and primary IMO. Post.
09-01-2018, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 11:24 AM by BikerDude.)
Yes we are like all the others.
We've never understood your genius.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
09-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Keep It Real;p="2608148 Wrote:Since 8pm new year's eve I've been punched in the face for being "too confident and condescending" (player hating basically). I reported it to the police and they were so slow to react that I ended up going back to the torture of the holding cells for 24 hours and got hit with a £90 fixed penalty notice to boot. The joke is that the police merely asked me to go home from the square because the local residents felt "intimidated" (player hating basically). I refused, so they took me down for being "drunken disorderly". Yet another miscarriage of justice. I went down to the station a few times to check up on the progress of the case but was asked not to any more by the police because they felt I was being "intimidating" (player hating basically). My (now ex missus - 5 day relationship - something of a record in terms of brevity for me) threw me out of her flat and dumped me because she felt I am "too confident and condescending" (player hating basically). I've also been called a paedophile on two separate occasions (player hating basically). Not to mention all the insults I've received on the internet; both here and elsewhere. And it's only the 9th. L. O. Fucking. L.
09-01-2018, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 11:25 AM by GirlyMan.)
(09-01-2018 11:10 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  
(09-01-2018 11:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Let me see if I can parse and gist this. ... gimme a sec ... What you're saying is that you feel I am persecuting you because I think you are superior to me and my self-esteem can't handle that epiphany instead of you're just a convenient fool to scratch my ridicule itch.. ... This is why you have no friends.

Not all abuse is the result of player hating imo. You (and many others here too imo) are nasty to me at the moment because of our disagreements about transsexualism.

No, that's not it. I couldn't give less of a shit about your views on transsexualism, I'm nasty to you because I'm a bad man who likes to prey on fools who make idiots of themselves in the public square. ... I know I should stop but I just can't help myself because you make it too easy. Bad Bob.

(09-01-2018 11:10 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  
(09-01-2018 11:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, but you're not gonna like any of them.
Wish I was psychic like you...

It doesn't take a psychic. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
09-01-2018, 11:27 AM
(09-01-2018 11:22 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-01-2018 11:10 AM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Not all abuse is the result of player hating imo. You (and many others here too imo) are nasty to me at the moment because of our disagreements about transsexualism.

No, that's not it. I couldn't give less of a shit about your views on transsexualism, I'm nasty to you because I'm a bad man who likes to prey on fools who make idiots of themselves in the public square. ... I know I should stop but I just can't help myself because you make it too easy. Bad Bob.
Oh blimey GM - does this thread really have to start being about me? OK just for a bit then I'll play along. Can you quote a few (or even 1) post of mine that you consider to be extremely foolish that isn't related to transsexualism or occurred originally in a thread discussing transsexualism?