Perception of time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2012, 09:33 AM
RE: Perception of time
(19-09-2012 09:24 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Time perception and relativity is one of my number one things to think about! Heart

Once in awhile I will read up on it and think about it so much that I feel surreal, like an outer body experience. Perhaps that's what meditation does when buddhists focus on the 'now'. It's engaging the sensory part of the brain and dropping the past/future part.

(19-09-2012 08:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  2) Have you noticed how time drags when you spend it with your relatives?

So, what your saying is, if I want time to slow down all I'd have to do is let the in-laws move in. *shudders*. I don't know if I'd want to live anymore. Confused

LJ have you ever tried to explain that part of relativity to a creationsist? If you do, bring a sandwich because it's a tough row to hoe. I actualy picked up a book titled How to Explain Relativity to Your Dog, evidently dogs are more open to abstract thinking.

DLJ - My inlaws are like parking by a super massive balck hole, they cause my watch to stop.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-09-2012, 09:43 AM
(19-09-2012 09:33 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(19-09-2012 09:24 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Time perception and relativity is one of my number one things to think about! Heart

Once in awhile I will read up on it and think about it so much that I feel surreal, like an outer body experience. Perhaps that's what meditation does when buddhists focus on the 'now'. It's engaging the sensory part of the brain and dropping the past/future part.

So, what your saying is, if I want time to slow down all I'd have to do is let the in-laws move in. *shudders*. I don't know if I'd want to live anymore. Confused

LJ have you ever tried to explain that part of relativity to a creationsist? If you do, bring a sandwich because it's a tough row to hoe. I actualy picked up a book titled How to Explain Relativity to Your Dog, evidently dogs are more open to abstract thinking.

DLJ - My inlaws are like parking by a super massive balck hole, they cause my watch to stop.

Yes I have tried explaining it to a creationist AKA my in-laws. Time went freaking backwards! To like 1890. They are mennonites from an amish colony. I wear the colour red in their presence and I'm a whore. Life is so grande when they are around. Sadcryface2
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
19-09-2012, 09:55 AM
(19-09-2012 09:43 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(19-09-2012 09:33 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  LJ have you ever tried to explain that part of relativity to a creationsist? If you do, bring a sandwich because it's a tough row to hoe. I actualy picked up a book titled How to Explain Relativity to Your Dog, evidently dogs are more open to abstract thinking.

Yes I have tried explaining it to a creationist AKA my in-laws. Time went freaking backwards! To like 1890. They are mennonites from an amish colony. I wear the colour red in their presence and I'm a whore. Life is so grande when they are around. Sadcryface2

Egads woman! You got me beat on the inlaw front.

My creationist is some odd mix of pentecostal/catholic kind of thingy. I was told that relativity is wrong and that Einstein believed in god, that was the sum total of the scientific refutation I was given. Just how it was wrong was never made clear Consider

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume