Perfect mate thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: Perfect mate thread.
(07-09-2012 12:40 AM)aurora Wrote:  I'm still holding some hope I may find Mr Fucking Right one day but it's unlikely as I tend to choose poorly.
I really like Dom's post Thumbsup

Reminded me of one my favorite shirts...

[Image: epshirt1.jpg]

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like bbeljefe's post
06-06-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm another one who's already with the perfect mate. And trust me, neither of us is anywhere near perfect. Maybe even not for each other, by some metrics.

But with that said, we're happy and have been happy with one another for 27 years. And neither of us is the same person we were when we married at 17 and 18 years old. She's the older one.... good idea Ato. Thumbsup

I won't repeat all the qualities that have been mentioned but I do agree with most of them. What's most important to me now though, is that my partner is willing to change her mind. In my case, if my wife hadn't been open minded to change, we'd surely be apart... and vice versa.

Another critical thing about a potential lifemate is that you can be vulnerable with them. Twenty seven years is a long time for a marriage by today's statistics and it wouldn't have been possible if I couldn't be vulnerable in front of my wife. And again, vice versa.

The best description I've ever heard of for love is that it's an involuntary reaction to virtue. Of course, not everyone has the same idea of what is virtuous but none the less, I agree with that statement. And what that means is... if a virtuous redhead crosses your path... you'll be a fan of red hair. Smile

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 12:23 AM
(06-06-2013 10:04 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  She's the older one.... good idea Ato. Thumbsup

Hey Ato, ya like makin' out?

Because makin' out's pretty rad.
Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 12:34 AM
(07-06-2013 12:23 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 10:04 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  She's the older one.... good idea Ato. Thumbsup

Hey Ato, ya like makin' out?

Because makin' out's pretty rad.

Pretty rad, I think,

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
07-06-2013, 08:52 AM
(06-06-2013 08:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 08:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Been married for 24 years.

27 here, although she still claims to be a Catholic.

(06-06-2013 08:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So to the Christians who think marriages are made in heaven....."up yours with a giggy stick!".

What the heck is a "giggy stick"? Can't be this fishing lure.

Never mind. Urban Dictionary to the rescue once again. Big Grin

Yeah, well it could refer to a fishing lure I suppose but mostly it's not. Urbandictionary has it right. It's something my character of a mother used to say all the time. She was Canadian so I don't know if it's a more common saying up there.
My mom was a very funny woman.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
12-06-2013, 12:09 PM
My perfect mate is a ginger, musician, and he must have beautiful facial hair. Alex Clare is my dreamboat, lord.

[Image: alexclare.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
12-06-2013, 01:30 PM
I think you should figure out what you need, the wants are icing on the cake. I married what I wanted, it lasted 23 years, some trying to make it work, some for the kids. I couldn't imagine being with her after the kids left...nothing in common, nothing to talk about. So we divorced, you give up alot in divorce...While I don't regret it because I have my kids, I believe too many people marry before they know themselves, what you need from the other person, and what is icing. I know people change, but the things we fought about in year 18 were the same in year 1..There are some things that are fundamental to each individual, that they need from their partner, and no one here can tell you what that is. You have to realize that yourself. This just my opinion and experience, but it may/may not help. Either way, enjoy the journey.Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Dirtnapper324's post
12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Its an interesting observation that the majority of responses on this thread are from males... Big Grin

But anyway, if I had to think of a mate that would be, by definition, "perfect", they would have to be...hmm...Consider

...this fictional character: Heart

[Image: belldandy-unsichtbar.png]

Belldandy; because she's LITERALLY a 1st Class Goddess. Angel

What could be a better relationship than being protected by, and dependant on, a perfect woman with god powers? None of these "angel in the kitchen sex slave" fantasies I've been seeing earlier in this thread. Tongue

(Yeah I'm a fan of anime and have no life, deal with it Big Grin )

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
12-06-2013, 03:44 PM
(06-06-2013 06:37 PM)amyb Wrote:  Me. I've always imagined that, if I ever get married, I'll have one of those weddings to myself like Dennis Rodman had. I'd be the bride and groom, or the bride and bride if I was feeling gay that day. I've been head over heels in love with myself for more than three decades.

In the unlikely event I would be in a long term relationship, I think the other person would probably be male, dark haired, atheist, and would not want children. I'm flexible when it comes to sex/gender (I would have no issues with dating an agender or transperson) and hair color, but it is critical that the person does not believe in woo (I have trouble taking such people seriously) and does not want children (I am not willing to budge on that). It would help if he is also somewhat aromantic, but I'm probably flexible on that, too. I need lots of space and am not very affectionate, which is why I tend to avoid relationships, so I'd say, someone who is not clingy. I do have a few weird fetishes and I think it'd also be nice to share those with someone. Skeptical and intelligent. Smoking pot regularly is also a deal breaker (other drugs are ok, though). Many of my friends smoke pot, but I don't think I'd date someone who does (well, I have in the past, and that's why I bring it up).

tl;dr: my perfect mate would be a sexually deviant atheist who doesn't smoke pot.
Quote:Brunette today, redhead tomorrow, blond on Saturday, haircolor isn't a defining point to women. Have you noticed how many coloring products there are on the sales shelves and how many beauty salons there are? Our little town has as many beauty salons as churches. The main business in there is coloring hair.

For *you*, maybe not. But people do have certain things that they find more attractive or less attractive, visually. Some people really won't consider dating a fat person; other people won't date anyone who ISN'T a fat person. Likewise, I like guys with dark hair. It's not that I'd forbid anyone I was dating to use hair dye (my ex once dyed his mohawk green, but he had naturally black hair), but it could well be something that makes me notice a person. Also, I think anyone who is into blondes, for example, realizes that many years down the line, their partner may get white hair, dye their hair, or lose their hair, but by that point, there is already a relationship. Just because you could love somebody you're already with no matter what happens with them doesn't invalidate the concept of the initial stages of sexual attraction. Most people DO care about looks to a certain extent. I think it's perfectly valid to point out that you find people with certain hair colors more attractive.

Quote:Easy question.

Rich as fuck, on their deathbed, no living relatives or heirs.
I'd settle for a dying rich guy, yeah.

Amy, have I told you that I think you're awesome?

"My perfect mate would be a sexually deviant atheist who doesn't smoke pot"
That made me LOL. It was a perfect summation Big Grin

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
12-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Peanut's "Perfect Mate" must have a good combination of the following qualities but nobody is "perfect," so they need not feel they must possess EVERY quality Tongue

1) Is an Atheist

2) Someone who makes me laugh no matter what. (I know; It's such a "chick" answer... But it is also an "Ashley answer.")

3) Is Handsome

4) Wants children

5) Accepts the fact that my son is my "number one man" and nobody will ever come between my Bubbie and I. They should be able to get along with this child as well.

6) Likes to have intelligent conversations as well as pointless, random ones.

7) Accepts me for who I am

8) Is trustworthy and also trusts me.

9) Is honest with me no matter what.

10) Is a freak in the bedroom Drinking Beverage

BONUS: They tell wonderful stories
Heart

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post