Perfect mate thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 02:19 PM
RE: Perfect mate thread.
I'm with seasbury. (holy crap Sean, you're wife sounds like mine.)

It sounds like woo, but the best way to explain it is that we are on the same "wavelength". We like the same stuff, which includes solitude, so neither of us are ever bothered if the other wants to be alone. "leave me alone please" is not a dirty phrase in our house. Also, I've been known to wander off on the highway, and not come back for a week or two. She's cool with that, and the first and only person I've ever met who truly is.

We share common views on sex, and how it works with our relationship. We threw out all preconceived notions on "post-marital" sex, and decided for ourselves what we thought was right. Just trust me when I say, she is, with regard to sexuality, THE perfect woman (for me).

Of course there's a whole list of stuff, but those are two examples. You don't wanna read three pages of how Stark pretty much worships Mrs. Raving.

Even the shit that isn't perfect, makes her perfect, cuz if she were perfect she'd drive me fucking nuts! She has the perfect amount of imperfections to make her perfectly perfect.

There, that about sums it up.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-09-2012, 02:28 PM
(06-09-2012 01:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Tolerance, understanding, and trustworthiness are among the few things I ask. I don't care much for looks, all I care about is personality. Though, tbh, big tits do help though.

Tolerance, understanding, and trustworthiness and the ability to read the small print?

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
06-09-2012, 02:31 PM
I feel like I'm just starting the process of figuring out what I want and challenging the assumptions I've carried into my twenties. Here are some thoughts:
  • We don't have to mate to satisfy our desires for physical intimacy anymore. That is, I don't have to marry a girl (or boy...I guess I'll be general) to kiss/be physical/have sex. Firm, long-term commitment before physical involvement is a risk-mitigation technique to prevent people from (quite literally) getting screwed, but now we have other ways of handling that. (err...contraception anyone?)
  • Marriage is legal partnership. Marriage and mating may not be equivalent, though marriage may be the most secure way to mate we currently have. (Anyone have thoughts on that?) That said, though, the purpose of marriage seems to me to be: providing a framework to build a shared life together, and more traditionally to provide a stable and well-understood situation for rearing children. So to me, the first thing I'd want in a partner (assuming we're talking marriage here) is someone who I can trust with my body and my resources, and then someone who I think would be good at producing and raising our offspring with me.
  • I don't even know whether I want to reproduce at this point, or, if I do, in what timeframe...so is marriage the kind of relationship I should even be looking for? Though I do tend to talk about "my kids someday"...

Hrm, I'm starting to get rambly. I'll stop there.
06-09-2012, 02:34 PM
(06-09-2012 02:19 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It sounds like woo, but the best way to explain it is that we are on the same "wavelength".

Being in-phase is also important. Tongue
06-09-2012, 02:35 PM
I have never found the perfect one and have stopped looking. But it's okay...I am fine although it's sometimes trying to be alone in a marriage in a very real way. Actually, if hubby was raptured tomorrow, I would just continue on as I am now except that I wouldn't have to explain every move and weigh every word. Some of you are so lucky that you knew you found the right one.

I don't even have requirements any more. Just don't think about it much.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Shit people, I was tired. I only mentioned hair color because I really can't stand blondes or red heads. Its something that I think is pernament. Maybe I had bad expierences with Both of them that lead to my hate of the color.

I have a alot if qualities I would like to see in my partner, but, Alas, my standards may be too high for this generation's female. Thus, onward, to OLDER women!

I want somebody that I can hang out with, and argue professionally with. Somebody who can evaluate my points, improve upon them, and have nice, awesome discussions. I want a person who is genuinely interested in the persuit of knowledge, and happiness.

I want somebody who won't concede to a point, unless shown a legitimate reason to.

I want a person who, not only, sees the best in me, but brings the best in me out without even trying.

I want a socially friendly women, to fill the weakness that I have with big gatherings. I want a lover who will do their best to help me do my best.

Those are the things I want, obviously, not ALL of them can be done, or done right, but I probably won't like women who don't even try to help me.

And yes, I will reciprocate everything on the list for them as well. I maybe a egotist, but I ain't Selfish.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
06-09-2012, 02:43 PM
(06-09-2012 02:40 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Shit people, I was tired. I only mentioned hair color because I really can't stand blondes or red heads. Its something that I think is pernament. Maybe I had bad expierences with Both of them that lead to my hate of the color.

I have a alot if qualities I would like to see in my partner, but, Alas, my standards may be too high for this generation's female. Thus, onward, to OLDER women!

I want somebody that I can hang out with, and argue professionally with. Somebody who can evaluate my points, improve upon them, and have nice, awesome discussions. I want a person who is genuinely interested in the persuit of knowledge, and happiness.

I want somebody who won't concede to a point, unless shown a legitimate reason to.

I want a person who, not only, sees the best in me, but brings the best in me out without even trying.

I want a socially friendly women, to fill the weakness that I have with big gatherings. I want a lover who will do their best to help me do my best.

Those are the things I want, obviously, not ALL of them can be done, or done right, but I probably won't like women who don't even try to help me.

And yes, I will reciprocate everything on the list for them as well. I maybe a egotist, but I ain't Selfish.

Sounds like you want to be a teacher's pet.Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2012, 02:45 PM
(06-09-2012 02:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-09-2012 02:40 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Shit people, I was tired. I only mentioned hair color because I really can't stand blondes or red heads. Its something that I think is pernament. Maybe I had bad expierences with Both of them that lead to my hate of the color.

Sounds like you want to be a teacher's pet.Shocking

Nah, fuck that.

Intellect is much more sexxy than looks, AND by older, I don't want anybody over 6 years older than me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
06-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Eh, age means very little as long as the gap is not too large. I favor red heads for some reason but that is superficial. Want I want is someone who is intelligent, funny, and a good conversationalist.

I realize that getting all of these qualities is quite unlikely, but eh, I am sure I will find someone I can tolerate. Tongue

Under Repair.
06-09-2012, 05:06 PM
(06-09-2012 09:00 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  ... sex is only about 5% of the total (that might be generous), ...

Generous huh. Consider ... (Girly calculating) ... Blink ...

24 hours in day, 5%=72 minutes every day. Shocking

You are the fucking man Seasbury. Bowing That'd probably cover me for a year. I hope you're using lube or else somebody's gonna experience some chafing.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post