Perfect mate thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: Perfect mate thread.
(06-06-2013 06:04 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(05-09-2012 07:44 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Mine is a smart, older Brunette women who has a drive for sucsess, but is very devoted to the family. Preferably atheist.

Sooooooo.....

You mean me? Wink

Yes, exactly, you.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
06-06-2013, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 07:00 PM by amyb.)
Me. I've always imagined that, if I ever get married, I'll have one of those weddings to myself like Dennis Rodman had. I'd be the bride and groom, or the bride and bride if I was feeling gay that day. I've been head over heels in love with myself for more than three decades.

In the unlikely event I would be in a long term relationship, I think the other person would probably be male, dark haired, atheist, and would not want children. I'm flexible when it comes to sex/gender (I would have no issues with dating an agender or transperson) and hair color, but it is critical that the person does not believe in woo (I have trouble taking such people seriously) and does not want children (I am not willing to budge on that). It would help if he is also somewhat aromantic, but I'm probably flexible on that, too. I need lots of space and am not very affectionate, which is why I tend to avoid relationships, so I'd say, someone who is not clingy. I do have a few weird fetishes and I think it'd also be nice to share those with someone. Skeptical and intelligent. Smoking pot regularly is also a deal breaker (other drugs are ok, though). Many of my friends smoke pot, but I don't think I'd date someone who does (well, I have in the past, and that's why I bring it up).

tl;dr: my perfect mate would be a sexually deviant atheist who doesn't smoke pot.
Quote:Brunette today, redhead tomorrow, blond on Saturday, haircolor isn't a defining point to women. Have you noticed how many coloring products there are on the sales shelves and how many beauty salons there are? Our little town has as many beauty salons as churches. The main business in there is coloring hair.

For *you*, maybe not. But people do have certain things that they find more attractive or less attractive, visually. Some people really won't consider dating a fat person; other people won't date anyone who ISN'T a fat person. Likewise, I like guys with dark hair. It's not that I'd forbid anyone I was dating to use hair dye (my ex once dyed his mohawk green, but he had naturally black hair), but it could well be something that makes me notice a person. Also, I think anyone who is into blondes, for example, realizes that many years down the line, their partner may get white hair, dye their hair, or lose their hair, but by that point, there is already a relationship. Just because you could love somebody you're already with no matter what happens with them doesn't invalidate the concept of the initial stages of sexual attraction. Most people DO care about looks to a certain extent. I think it's perfectly valid to point out that you find people with certain hair colors more attractive.

Quote:Easy question.

Rich as fuck, on their deathbed, no living relatives or heirs.
I'd settle for a dying rich guy, yeah.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
06-06-2013, 06:38 PM
(05-09-2012 07:44 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I was wondering what you would consider a perfect husband/wife and/or Mate?

Mine is a smart, older Brunette women who has a drive for sucsess, but is very devoted to the family.

Preferably atheist. I know this is short, but I will edit as soon as I get enough sleep and compile some....referencesWink

You forgot "who likes to share". Wink

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Been married for 24 years. Yes, that's a 2 followed by a 4 as in 24. We're both atheists, our lives revolve around the theatre and other art forms also hiking and camping. I donno, we just get along and I don't think I could imagine being with someone else for 24 years. When I was in my 20's I dated several guys and nothing clicked. The first time I saw my future husband I absolutely knew he was the one. It sounds corny and I hate when I see things like that in movies, it makes me sick but it actually can happen in real life.

We've been married longer than any of the church going Christians I know. So to the Christians who think marriages are made in heaven....."up yours with a giggy stick!".

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-06-2013, 08:31 PM
(06-06-2013 08:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Been married for 24 years.

27 here, although she still claims to be a Catholic.

(06-06-2013 08:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So to the Christians who think marriages are made in heaven....."up yours with a giggy stick!".

What the heck is a "giggy stick"? Can't be this fishing lure.

Never mind. Urban Dictionary to the rescue once again. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Preferably, a live one. Corpses lack the ability of reciprocating passion.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
06-06-2013, 08:37 PM
^Some people are into them for that reason, Tartarus. Or so I've heard.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
06-06-2013, 08:39 PM
(06-06-2013 08:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Preferably, a live one. Corpses lack the ability of reciprocating passion.

Frankiej would disagree. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-06-2013, 08:42 PM
(06-06-2013 08:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 08:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Preferably, a live one. Corpses lack the ability of reciprocating passion.

Frankiej would disagree. Drinking Beverage

That bloody bugger will stick his dickeroo in anything that has a hole in it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
06-06-2013, 08:43 PM
(06-06-2013 08:42 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 08:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Frankiej would disagree. Drinking Beverage

That bloody bugger will stick his dickeroo in anything that has a hole in it.

No he's not that picky

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post