Poll: Most things that you perform and get done - how interesting/boring are they, generally?
Very interesting.
A little interesting.
A little boring.
Very boring.
[Show Results]

Performance & Boredom / Interest, Desire, Actions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2017, 02:50 AM
Performance & Boredom
Someone once said that you need to be very interested in something that you want to perform well at. I challenge this. I perform well and do things that I find even incredibly boring all the time - 99% of the times literally. This includes reading books for myself, drawing, studying/working, meeting people, going out, cooking and exercising.

Hence, the poll question.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2017, 02:58 AM
Interest/Desire & Actions
Do you pursue things that are only interesting? Do you also pursue and commit yourself to things that you find boring?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinker's post
18-02-2017, 03:03 AM
RE: Interest/Desire & Actions
With the exception of doing things that must be done like work or cooking I only do things that interest me. Why should I waste my time on boring and nonessential activities?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
18-02-2017, 03:13 AM
(18-02-2017 03:03 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  With the exception of doing things that must be done like work or cooking I only do things that interest me. Why should I waste my time on boring and nonessential activities?

Well some people like me do commit and use time on boring and nonessential activities just to be productive, contributory and occupied.
18-02-2017, 03:14 AM
(18-02-2017 03:13 AM)Thinker Wrote:  
(18-02-2017 03:03 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  With the exception of doing things that must be done like work or cooking I only do things that interest me. Why should I waste my time on boring and nonessential activities?

Well some people like me do commit and use time on boring and nonessential activities just to be productive, contributory and occupied.

So?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-02-2017, 03:15 AM
(18-02-2017 02:58 AM)Thinker Wrote:  Do you pursue things that are only interesting? Do you also pursue and commit yourself to things that you find boring?

Thinker,

I don't feel like pursuing this question at the moment. Wink

Welcome to the forum. Thumbsup

D.
18-02-2017, 03:16 AM
(18-02-2017 03:14 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(18-02-2017 03:13 AM)Thinker Wrote:  Well some people like me do commit and use time on boring and nonessential activities just to be productive, contributory and occupied.

So?

Just answering your question about wasting time.
18-02-2017, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2017 03:25 AM by Szuchow.)
(18-02-2017 03:16 AM)Thinker Wrote:  
(18-02-2017 03:14 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  So?

Just answering your question about wasting time.

Ah. I misread your intent then. Or not, it remains to be seen I guess.

ETA: It was rhetorical question.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-02-2017, 06:09 AM
RE: Performance & Boredom
I think it can depend on the person. I have a low tolerance for boredom Tongue

For those day to day boring tasks I do, I almost always have an audio book or some language lessons playing to keep my restless mind occupied.

'Murican Canadian
18-02-2017, 06:14 AM
RE: Performance & Boredom
I don't even get bored waiting in line or the doc's office. There is always something interesting to observe, do or think about.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man