Perry Defends Peeing On Dead People

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Perry Defends Peeing On Dead People
I may have to reconsider my choice for President...

Perry defends Marines accused of urinating on corpses.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2012, 03:55 PM
RE: Perry Defends Peeing On Dead People
(15-01-2012 03:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I may have to reconsider my choice for President...

You mean that now you're for him?Dodgy

The problem is that it is against U.S. law and violates the Geneva Convention, to which the U.S. is a signatory. However, Perry doesn't agree with abiding by the law in other things, why should he in this?

I don't entirely disagree those with Marines, but they were fucking stupid to video it.

This latest statement by Perry insures that no one to the left of an Inquisitor will vote for him.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2012, 03:57 PM
(15-01-2012 03:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2012 03:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I may have to reconsider my choice for President...

You mean that now you're for him?

The problem is that it is against U.S. law and violates the Geneva Convention, to which the U.S. is a signatory. However, Perry doesn't agree with abiding by the law in other things, why should he in this?

I don't entirely disagree those with Marines, but they were fucking stupid to video it.

I mean I'm being facetious. They were fucking stupid to video it. He is fucking stupid for defending it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
15-01-2012, 03:59 PM
(15-01-2012 03:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

I mean I'm being facetious. They were fucking stupid to video it. He is fucking stupid for defending it.

Where are the irony, sarcasm, and facetious smileys?Angry

I figured - I just wanted to get my 2 cents in.Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-01-2012, 04:01 PM
(15-01-2012 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Upon reflection, is there really any reason to be upset at peeing on corpses? It's just lifeless matter, right?

15-01-2012, 04:03 PM
(15-01-2012 04:01 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Upon reflection, is there really any reason to be upset at peeing on corpses? It's just lifeless matter, right?
(In best southern accent)

It's the law, son; you got to respect the law.

15-01-2012, 04:06 PM
(15-01-2012 04:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2012 04:01 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-01-2012 03:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  You mean that now you're for him?

(In best southern accent)

It's the law, son; you got to respect the law.

Oh yeah.

Like it used to be against the law to be a homosexual in the military

15-01-2012, 04:06 PM
So... Perry sees "a grave breach of the (law of armed conflict)".... as not a criminal act but a mistake?

Interesting. Makes me wonder what else an 18 to 25 year old can get away with under the laws of armed conflict. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
15-01-2012, 10:45 PM

I agree that Perry's stupid for defending it... what was he thinking? But I don't see it as a major crime. It's like a minor form of vandalism (because it can be cleaned off). And yes, it was stupid to videotape it, but I can't even see how you could classify that as a crime.

I personally don't have a spiritual side, and I don't see anything as sacred. I joke to my friends that they can feel free to stuff my dead body and mail it to someone they don't like (a joke I got from the Dilbert comic) but I'm serious at the same time. If someone pees on my dead body after I die, who gives a shit? I'm too dead to care.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
16-01-2012, 12:43 PM
(15-01-2012 10:45 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  

I agree that Perry's stupid for defending it... what was he thinking? But I don't see it as a major crime. It's like a minor form of vandalism (because it can be cleaned off). And yes, it was stupid to videotape it, but I can't even see how you could classify that as a crime.

I personally don't have a spiritual side, and I don't see anything as sacred. I joke to my friends that they can feel free to stuff my dead body and mail it to someone they don't like (a joke I got from the Dilbert comic) but I'm serious at the same time. If someone pees on my dead body after I die, who gives a shit? I'm too dead to care.

I personally agree but the answer to why this is a big deal is basically diplomacy and foreign policy. We already have a tense relationship with countries in the Middle East (especially Afghanistan and Packistan) and those people DO care about being pissed on after you're dead.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why do people think the US should be Just like Europe Aleprauchanist 24 506 29-03-2014 06:02 PM
Last Post: Stark Raving
  Why do we treat poor people like children? Heywood Jahblome 132 1,829 06-03-2014 01:33 AM
Last Post: LostandInsecure
  Forced pregancy for dead woman Dom 16 358 13-02-2014 11:33 PM
Last Post: toadaly
  The indigenous people of North America weekendskp 24 502 30-01-2014 08:16 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Why do we have poor people? bemore 77 1,759 21-12-2013 10:43 AM
Last Post: frankksj
  Obamacare makes people less likely to exercise, more likely to smoke and drink frankksj 70 1,192 06-12-2013 12:16 PM
Last Post: frankksj
  Why do people still believe Bush didn't lie about Iraqs WMD I and I 36 1,020 29-09-2013 02:43 PM
Last Post: TrainWreck