Persistent little bastards....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2018, 10:13 AM
Persistent little bastards....
Bugs, specifically ants, they just don't give up. Last night I was cleaning the electric tea pot and a nest of ants had decided it was a great place to set up house. There they were swarming inside the heating element (it was unplugged) with their little whiteish eggs. They were inside the entire apparatus and they thought they were in ant heaven because they had a water source along with a great house to live in. I killed them all.....or so I thought.

I get up this morning to make toast. As the toaster heated up ants scurried out of the toaster by the hundreds. I just left the toaster on high for a while and cooked me up some ants. Breakfast anyone?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-06-2018, 10:32 AM
RE: Persistent little bastards....
Ants on toast? My favourite.
[+] 2 users Like finite monkeys's post
13-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Such a missed opportunity - could have called it Persistent Little Buggers Big Grin

Fun fact: bugger comes from Bulgarian. True story.

Also, opened the sugar jar yesterday (I rarely do as I don't really eat sugar as I don't bake and don't drunk coffee) - was full of teeny-tiny ants. Of course, this being Brazil, bugs are everywhere almost everywhere that I go, we have too much of them and then more....to paraphrase Pulp, whom I quite like...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-06-2018, 10:45 AM
(13-06-2018 10:13 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Bugs, specifically ants, they just don't give up. Last night I was cleaning the electric tea pot and a nest of ants had decided it was a great place to set up house. There they were swarming inside the heating element (it was unplugged) with their little whiteish eggs. They were inside the entire apparatus and they thought they were in ant heaven because they had a water source along with a great house to live in. I killed them all.....or so I thought.

I get up this morning to make toast. As the toaster heated up ants scurried out of the toaster by the hundreds. I just left the toaster on high for a while and cooked me up some ants. Breakfast anyone?

They are swarming right now.

I hate the little fuckers.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Clean their pheromone trails up. If they don't know where to go they won't go where they've been going.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
13-06-2018, 11:00 AM
(13-06-2018 10:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  If they don't know where to go they won't go where they've been going.

I was just told that mediation might do me good. Maybe I should meditate on that [Image: smiley_zen.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
13-06-2018, 11:02 AM
(13-06-2018 10:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Clean their pheromone trails up. If they don't know where to go they won't go where they've been going.

I think that's a Bon Jovi song

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
13-06-2018, 11:09 AM
(13-06-2018 10:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Clean their pheromone trails up. If they don't know where to go they won't go where they've been going.

Yeah, I used some water and bleach. I hope it does the trick. We always have ants but during the summer when there's no rain and no water source outside they come inside the house seeking water. I find them in the cats' water bowl and I always know they're in the bowl when I see her looking down into her bowl for a long time. I guess she's wondering what's going on with her water. Then she gives me this curious look of "what the fuck?"

I sometimes turn on the hose outside to keep ants happy and away from our house. I'm not really watering the lawn as much as I'm watering the ants. Gotta keep the bugs happy otherwise they'll take over my house.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-06-2018, 11:20 AM
(13-06-2018 10:36 AM)Vera Wrote:  Such a missed opportunity - could have called it Persistent Little Buggers Big Grin

Also, opened the sugar jar yesterday (I rarely do as I don't really eat sugar as I don't bake and don't drunk coffee) - was full of teeny-tiny ants. Of course, this being Brazil, bugs are everywhere almost everywhere that I go, we have too much of them and then more....to paraphrase Pulp, whom I quite like...

Go to Florida or South Carolina for bugs They have these flying cockroaches called Palmetto Bugs. Ewwwww!!!! Yuck! They're like two inches long and they fly. If there is a god he's out of his mind and should be on trial and held responsible for creating such a creapy insect as a flying fucking cockroach. That's just plain sick.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-06-2018, 11:25 AM
(13-06-2018 11:20 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-06-2018 10:36 AM)Vera Wrote:  Such a missed opportunity - could have called it Persistent Little Buggers Big Grin

Go to Florida or South Carolina for bugs They have these flying cockroaches called Palmetto Bugs. Ewwwww!!!! Yuck! They're like two inches long and they fly. If there is a god he's out of his mind and should be on trial and held responsible for creating such a creapy insect as a flying fucking cockroach. That's just plain sick.

Come to Michigan for Bugs, they are called Humans

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post