Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 03:16 PM
RE: Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line?
Yeah I suppose we just let him sit behind his computer in a huff Tongue

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
28-01-2013, 03:23 PM
(28-01-2013 03:15 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 03:13 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  All he needs is hugs.
Look at our saucy tart, all amorous today Angel
Perhaps, but I could just tell that arguing with him was pointless right off the bat. He's an old dog that can't learn new tricks, and he is knee-deep in his own philosophy.

So I will shower him with love instead. We all find a soft spot for certain kooks. ^_^

[Image: giphy.gif]
28-01-2013, 03:29 PM
(28-01-2013 03:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Perhaps, but I could just tell that arguing with him was pointless right off the bat. He's an old dog that can't learn new tricks, and he is knee-deep in his own philosophy.

So I will shower him with love instead. We all find a soft spot for certain kooks. ^_^
Nah, I wasn't criticising. Amorous is good Angel

Arguing is totally pointless, but I think you'll get more out of showering with love something more along these lines:
[Image: tumblr_m0ord8pnQZ1r8kz44o1_400.gif]

[Image: kitten.gif]

Bound to be fluffier for one...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-01-2013, 03:31 PM
GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW KITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I always lose track of my thoughts in the midst of kitties.

[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
28-01-2013, 03:35 PM
If I may asked, Richard, and don't feel compelled to answer, but is your attitude and actions conducive to Christian behavior?

Why be so acidic? Does this convey Christ?

You came here swinging your fists... looking for a fight... condemning and insulting atheists.

You may have personal feelings of loathing towards atheists, but presenting ill-will without being provoked seems a bit unwarranted, doesn't it?

Christians and atheists are 100% capable of having cordial, informative conversations without it regressing into insults and flames.

Christ Himself always showed the highest amount of love and respect towards the non-believers, yet He showed the most amount of animosity towards those that that claimed to be of God but acted vilely towards others.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
28-01-2013, 03:39 PM
(28-01-2013 03:31 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW KITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I always lose track of my thoughts in the midst of kitties.
I know, it's called diversion tactics.

I much rather talk kitties than Christ.
[Image: kitties.jpg]

[Image: Cute-Kitty-20100901.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
28-01-2013, 03:42 PM
(28-01-2013 03:10 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 03:07 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  So are yours. You are bloviating like all atheists bloviate.

You are doing exactly what you are accusing us of doing. What's with the generalisations?, you know none of us.

Lol, Scot, I'm an old 70 year old fart. I've met more atheists in my life than are members of this site. You all read the same atheistic materials and all speak the same language. I have always hoped I'd meet just ONE atheist that had an open mind or wouldnt spout the same exact words they read in their religious materials (yes, Scot, atheism IS a religion). Not ONE atheist has said anything I havent heard from a hundred atheists before. I would venture to say that I've discussed religion with over a thousand atheists in my life. So, yes, I am generalizing but it's based on my own personal observations, not the opinions of others.
28-01-2013, 03:45 PM
(28-01-2013 03:42 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 03:10 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  You are doing exactly what you are accusing us of doing. What's with the generalisations?, you know none of us.

Lol, Scot, I'm an old 70 year old fart. I've met more atheists in my life than are members of this site. You all read the same atheistic materials and all speak the same language. I have always hoped I'd meet just ONE atheist that had an open mind or wouldnt spout the same exact words they read in their religious materials (yes, Scot, atheism IS a religion). Not ONE atheist has said anything I havent heard from a hundred atheists before. I would venture to say that I've discussed religion with over a thousand atheists in my life. So, yes, I am generalizing but it's based on my own personal observations, not the opinions of others.
[Image: FluffyKitten.jpg]

You two would get along perfectly. Heart

[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
28-01-2013, 03:46 PM
(28-01-2013 03:16 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Yeah I suppose we just let him sit behind his computer in a huff Tongue
Smile Scot, my Huffmobile is out in the barn, my computer is in the house.
[+] 2 users Like Richard Stuckmeyer's post
28-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Sadly ad hominem, arguments from ignorance/authority etc tend to come across as the norm.

I'm with Girlie on this issue; I say what I kind of feel at a given time,I'm allowed to change my view too.

As for so called absolute truths; best I can get are close approximations.