Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2013, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 09:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line?
(16-01-2013 07:03 PM)PersephoneK Wrote:  Hello all... I'm relatively new to the forums, so if there's a thread out there that better discusses this, feel free to link to it.

I'm wondering if anyone struggles with the line between attacking an idea and attacking the person (both from a giving and receiving end). What is your line? How do you define it? How do you handle when the situation is jumping back and forth over the line?

I handle the receiving end of ad hominems particularly well because I really don't give a shit about what you think. I'm still fucking trying to figure out what I think. My reaction is typically passive and probing. I'll ask for your advice once I have a coherent idea about what the fuck's going on. ... Haven't asked for advice yet. ... Don't think I ever will.

(16-01-2013 08:08 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  That's why I tend to withhold my personal attacks until I realize that I'm arguing with a brick wall and my words are getting nowhere. At that point, they've thoroughly pissed me off and I no longer have any reason to hold back. Rolleyes

That's good. But there is no argument or debate anymore and I just wanna shove their heads up their fucking ass and drown them in their own fecal matter. But they haven't pissed me off, they can't fucking piss me off, nobody can piss Girly off. Girly don't get pissed. I won't fucking allow or admit it. ... But I will dick with someone who dicks with me, I mean just for my own motherfucking personal amusement. ... Is that wrong?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line? - GirlyMan - 16-01-2013 08:45 PM