Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line?
(28-01-2013 01:47 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  This is only my opinion, you can take it for what it's worth:
Personally, I like the direct insult approach. That's why I always get banned from forums. I'm not a nice guy, I like to kick ass and take names. What I've learned about atheists over the years is:
#1) They like to appear as sweet-mouthed little pussy cats while they passive-aggressively attack Christians, but as soon as you tell it like it is, directly calling a spade a spade, they run off to Mommy (the moderator) whining that they are getting picked on. I dont like atheists and I know they dont like me. I would respect one that had the guts to be himelf on a forum instead of this "I know many Christians that I like" crap, when I know they hate Christians. If they didnt, why would they give a damn what Christians believed? I mean, there is no God so who cares? Wrong, they hate God. They believe there is a God and they hate and want to disparage Him. Look at what they say and the way they say it.

We have never and will never ban someone for having a different opinion.
(28-01-2013 01:47 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  #2) Atheists only go after Christians. They dont care about Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists or whatever cuz atheists are agents of Satan. Satan only wants to stop God and knows that the other religions arent real so he concentrates on trying to stop Christians. I'm not saying that atheists know they are doing Satans work, they just let him tell them what to do or say without knowing it. They think its all their doing.[/url]

Yes because Christianity is the one true religion. It's not like every other religion claims the exact same thing. Strange how they are all true Consider

(28-01-2013 01:47 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  #3) Atheists like to bloviate. They state their opinions as fact and then curse Christians for doing the same thing. Neither the atheist or the Christian can state what they believe is fact. All the scientists in the world can say that through scientific investigation they have proven the world is millions of years old but that's just BS. That is their opinion. Their scientific tests are their opinions. Their methods, radio carbon dating, etc. are just so much fluff. No one can prove that it is fact, just opinion. No one knows.
I could go on and on but you get the point.

You just did the exact same thing in that post as you accused atheists and scientists of. Scientific tests are not opinions. I don't think you know what an opinion actually is if you can't tell the difference.
Also welcome to TTA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 02:31 PM
(28-01-2013 02:25 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 01:47 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  This is only my opinion, you can take it for what it's worth:
Personally, I like the direct insult approach. That's why I always get banned from forums. I'm not a nice guy, I like to kick ass and take names. What I've learned about atheists over the years is:
#1) They like to appear as sweet-mouthed little pussy cats while they passive-aggressively attack Christians, but as soon as you tell it like it is, directly calling a spade a spade, they run off to Mommy (the moderator) whining that they are getting picked on. I dont like atheists and I know they dont like me. I would respect one that had the guts to be himelf on a forum instead of this "I know many Christians that I like" crap, when I know they hate Christians. If they didnt, why would they give a damn what Christians believed? I mean, there is no God so who cares? Wrong, they hate God. They believe there is a God and they hate and want to disparage Him. Look at what they say and the way they say it.

(28-01-2013 01:47 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  #2) Atheists only go after Christians. They dont care about Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists or whatever cuz atheists are agents of Satan. Satan only wants to stop God and knows that the other religions arent real so he concentrates on trying to stop Christians. I'm not saying that atheists know they are doing Satans work, they just let him tell them what to do or say without knowing it. They think its all their doing.[/url]

Yes because Christianity is the one true religion. It's not like every other religion claims the exact same thing. Strange how they are all true Consider

(28-01-2013 01:47 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  #3) Atheists like to bloviate. They state their opinions as fact and then curse Christians for doing the same thing. Neither the atheist or the Christian can state what they believe is fact. All the scientists in the world can say that through scientific investigation they have proven the world is millions of years old but that's just BS. That is their opinion. Their scientific tests are their opinions. Their methods, radio carbon dating, etc. are just so much fluff. No one can prove that it is fact, just opinion. No one knows.

You just did the exact same thing in that post as you accused atheists and scientists of. Scientific tests are not opinions. I don't think you know what an opinion actually is if you can't tell the difference.
Also welcome to TTA
Nah, I know what an opinion is, YOU dont. Prove that the scientific test is accurate without the man doing the test saying it is. You are always saying that Christians believe what men told them and that isnt favt, but your scientists only offer opinions too. How do you know their tests are reliable? Cuz they told you they are. YOU dont know anything other than what you see in front of you is a fact. Otherwise it's just someones opinion. You know your Dad is real cuz you see him. If I tell you that mine is real that's just an opinion of mine cuz you havent seen him. You arent going to believe me but that's ok, I dont expect you too. You dont believe anything but what YOU want to believe. Thanks for the welcome, I wont be here long.
28-01-2013, 02:33 PM
You need to click below the lowest box otherwise what you type gets lost amongst the post you've quoted.
28-01-2013, 02:34 PM
(28-01-2013 02:25 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

Also welcome to TTA
Having a hard time with this site cuz I'm old and its different than other sites. Here's the other stuff I wrote:
1.) No, I'll get banned for not playing nice. Trust me.
2.) That wasnt even a response. I said that atheists only attack Christianity. Your answer didnt respond to that.
28-01-2013, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 02:47 PM by FSM_scot.)
(28-01-2013 02:33 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  You need to click below the lowest box otherwise what you type gets lost amongst the post you've quoted.
Thanks Scot, that's what I did.

Each time I try to reply I get a different kind of format. I wish it would just stick to one format like other sites do.
28-01-2013, 02:39 PM
I just got banned from Political Forums.com today. They had a great set-up for their forum, very user friendly.
28-01-2013, 02:43 PM
(28-01-2013 02:34 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  1.) No, I'll get banned for not playing nice. Trust me.
So, what you're saying, is that you have just joined to hurl feces at us and see how much we can take? Do you get a hard-on from this or does it make you feel more of a man?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
28-01-2013, 02:45 PM
(28-01-2013 02:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Nah, I know what an opinion is, YOU dont.

Well since you seem to think a scientific test is the same thing as an opinion says that you don't

(28-01-2013 02:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Prove that the scientific test is accurate without the man doing the test saying it is.

Completely irrelevant to what we were talking about but OK. There's this thing called the scientific method, it involves a hypothesis, testing the hypothesis, refining it based on the results, continual refining of the tests to insure accuracy then it is peer reviewed to eliminate any bias and ensure accuracy
(28-01-2013 02:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  You are always saying that Christians believe what men told them and that isnt favt, but your scientists only offer opinions too. How do you know their tests are reliable? Cuz they told you they are. YOU dont know anything other than what you see in front of you is a fact. Otherwise it's just someones opinion.
You're putting words in my mouth. But see above.

(28-01-2013 02:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  You know your Dad is real cuz you see him. If I tell you that mine is real that's just an opinion of mine cuz you havent seen him. You arent going to believe me but that's ok, I dont expect you too. You dont believe anything but what YOU want to believe. Thanks for the welcome, I wont be here long.
No the fact that I'm here was proof of my dads existence since you don't get your Y chromosome from your mother. So seeing him is irreverent to my existence. The same goes when applied to you. Even if I couldn't see him these are still testable evidence to his existence. Those are facts not opinions. I believe what the facts say, the facts that have solid evidence behind it. Evidence i have looked at myself. What's your excuse for believing the world isn't billions of years old? because your pastor said so? because its not mentioned in the bible? because your parents told you it wasn't? So much for facts.
28-01-2013, 02:52 PM
(28-01-2013 02:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 02:34 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  1.) No, I'll get banned for not playing nice. Trust me.
So, what you're saying, is that you have just joined to hurl feces at us and see how much we can take? Do you get a hard-on from this or does it make you feel more of a man?
lol. I love your answer. No, I joined cuz I was hoping the atheists on their own site would be tougher than the babies on the political forum I was on. I dish it out because I am an old curmudgeon and proud of it but I can take it too. I just get sick of these people that like to be snide and passive aggressive and like to hurl insults but cant take it when they get hurled back. I like your style on this post so if you wanna throw some feces my way feel free, just dont whine when it gets thrown back.
What I like is an atheist that can give his "opinions" without bloviating and thinking they are facts. As far as "scientific evidense", it's been my experience that when an atheist offers "scientific evidence" it's holy writ, but when a Christian offers opposing "scientific evidence" the atheist scoff and ridicules it, evidenced by your thread on the Creation Museum.....as one atheist put it "The biggest load of crap I've ever seen.
If you wanna debate with me, give it your best shot, but I doubt if you will.
28-01-2013, 02:54 PM
(28-01-2013 02:45 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 02:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Nah, I know what an opinion is, YOU dont.

Well since you seem to think a scientific test is the same thing as an opinion says that you don't

(28-01-2013 02:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Prove that the scientific test is accurate without the man doing the test saying it is.

Completely irrelevant to what we were talking about but OK. There's this thing called the scientific method, it involves a hypothesis, testing the hypothesis, refining it based on the results, continual refining of the tests to insure accuracy then it is peer reviewed to eliminate any bias and ensure accuracy
(28-01-2013 02:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  You are always saying that Christians believe what men told them and that isnt favt, but your scientists only offer opinions too. How do you know their tests are reliable? Cuz they told you they are. YOU dont know anything other than what you see in front of you is a fact. Otherwise it's just someones opinion.
You're putting words in my mouth. But see above.

(28-01-2013 02:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  You know your Dad is real cuz you see him. If I tell you that mine is real that's just an opinion of mine cuz you havent seen him. You arent going to believe me but that's ok, I dont expect you too. You dont believe anything but what YOU want to believe. Thanks for the welcome, I wont be here long.
No the fact that I'm here was proof of my dads existence since you don't get your Y chromosome from your mother. So seeing him is irreverent to my existence. The same goes when applied to you. Even if I couldn't see him these are still testable evidence to his existence. Those are facts not opinions. I believe what the facts say, the facts that have solid evidence behind it. Evidence i have looked at myself. What's your excuse for believing the world isn't billions of years old? because your pastor said so? because its not mentioned in the bible? because your parents told you it wasn't? So much for facts.
Well, no point in you or I continuing, you're just bloviating like usual.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  They have the right idea... EvolutionKills 20 276 22-05-2014 01:16 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Shark Attack Full Circle 30 412 18-05-2014 02:03 PM
Last Post: Full Circle
  List your mobile app idea here so I can steal it. GirlyMan 10 249 15-02-2014 01:06 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  weirdest gift wrap idea WitchSabrina 2 183 27-12-2013 02:45 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  personal question Bows and Arrows 19 614 22-05-2013 01:31 PM
Last Post: cbb2274
  Silly Idea CaliforniaSurf 3 223 15-05-2013 09:40 PM
Last Post: CaliforniaSurf
  Is the Catholic Church softening its line on equality? PaulOh 7 360 29-04-2013 04:40 PM
Last Post: Question