Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line?
(28-01-2013 02:52 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  I dish it out because I am an old curmudgeon and proud of it but I can take it too. I just get sick of these people that like to be snide and passive aggressive and like to hurl insults but cant take it when they get hurled back. I like your style on this post so if you wanna throw some feces my way feel free, just dont whine when it gets thrown back.
What I like is an atheist that can give his "opinions" without bloviating and thinking they are facts. As far as "scientific evidense", it's been my experience that when an atheist offers "scientific evidence" it's holy writ, but when a Christian offers opposing "scientific evidence" the atheist scoff and ridicules it, evidenced by your thread on the Creation Museum.....as one atheist put it "The biggest load of crap I've ever seen.
If you wanna debate with me, give it your best shot, but I doubt if you will.
Keep on hurling, if this is what gives you a feeling of self-worth.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-01-2013, 02:59 PM
(28-01-2013 02:54 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Well, no point in you or I continuing, you're just bloviating like usual.

Your posts are hypocritical.

And How can i be bloviating as usual when this is the only interaction we've ever had?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
28-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Oh boy I can already tell this guy is going to be a fun one. A self-confessed old grouch who frames everything in terms of fact and opinions. Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
28-01-2013, 03:06 PM
(28-01-2013 02:57 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 02:52 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  I dish it out because I am an old curmudgeon and proud of it but I can take it too. I just get sick of these people that like to be snide and passive aggressive and like to hurl insults but cant take it when they get hurled back. I like your style on this post so if you wanna throw some feces my way feel free, just dont whine when it gets thrown back.
What I like is an atheist that can give his "opinions" without bloviating and thinking they are facts. As far as "scientific evidense", it's been my experience that when an atheist offers "scientific evidence" it's holy writ, but when a Christian offers opposing "scientific evidence" the atheist scoff and ridicules it, evidenced by your thread on the Creation Museum.....as one atheist put it "The biggest load of crap I've ever seen.
If you wanna debate with me, give it your best shot, but I doubt if you will.
Keep on hurling, if this is what gives you a feeling of self-worth.
Okay, thanks for your permission.
28-01-2013, 03:07 PM
(28-01-2013 02:59 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 02:54 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Well, no point in you or I continuing, you're just bloviating like usual.

Your posts are hypocritical.

And How can i be bloviating as usual when this is the only interaction we've ever had?
So are yours. You are bloviating like all atheists bloviate.
28-01-2013, 03:08 PM
(28-01-2013 03:04 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Oh boy I can already tell this guy is going to be a fun one. A self-confessed old grouch who frames everything in terms of fact and opinions. Big Grin
What else is there besides fact and opinion ? Hope I make your day brighter. Thumbsup
28-01-2013, 03:10 PM
(28-01-2013 03:07 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  So are yours. You are bloviating like all atheists bloviate.

You are doing exactly what you are accusing us of doing. What's with the generalisations?, you know none of us.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
28-01-2013, 03:12 PM
He knows all atheists, we are alike, bloviating little pieces of shits that we are. Don't play dumb, Scotty!

[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
28-01-2013, 03:13 PM
(28-01-2013 03:10 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 03:07 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  So are yours. You are bloviating like all atheists bloviate.

You are doing exactly what you are accusing us of doing. What's with the generalisations?, you know none of us.
Come on man, he's a seventy year old grump, you think you are going to be able to get him to change his perspectives and understand the nature of fallacious arguments?

All he needs is hugs.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
28-01-2013, 03:15 PM
(28-01-2013 03:13 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  All he needs is hugs.
Look at our saucy tart, all amorous today Angel

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post