Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: Personal Attacks vs Attack the Idea... Where do you draw the line?
(28-01-2013 04:29 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  There are two HUGE flaws in what you just wrote.

The first you will figure out in due time.

The second is "Moses".

Ok, three flaws. You won't get banned from here. I don't see you breaking the rules, so you're safe.
KC, I'm old and not really bright so if you want me to understand what you are referring to you have to say it plainly instead of being coy. I have no idea what you said. Huh
1) I'm a Christian.
2) Moses wasn't involved in the Flood Story. That was Noah.
3) You won't get banned.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 04:33 PM
(28-01-2013 04:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:27 PM)Vosur Wrote:  "So?"

Most of your post doesn't make any sense when you're addressing a Christian.
Dont know why? You are presuming because a person say they are a Christian that they actually are. I have an opinion on Calcinists but I will keep it to myself, I dont hate them like I hate atheists. Yes son, I hate atheists. As for my answers to KC, they are what they are.
I'm actually interested in your opinions on Calvinist. Please share.

28-01-2013, 04:36 PM
(28-01-2013 04:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:29 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  KC, I'm old and not really bright so if you want me to understand what you are referring to you have to say it plainly instead of being coy. I have no idea what you said. Huh
1) I'm a Christian.
3) You won't get banned.
Did I write Moses KC? Chalk that up to early stages of Altzheimers. Do you ever make mistakes?
Do you believe that Jesus died to pay the penalty for your sins and that faith in His sacrifice is the only thing necessary for salvation? That you can do nothing of yourself, other than believe, to be saved?
28-01-2013, 04:40 PM
(28-01-2013 04:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:31 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Dont know why? You are presuming because a person say they are a Christian that they actually are. I have an opinion on Calcinists but I will keep it to myself, I dont hate them like I hate atheists. Yes son, I hate atheists. As for my answers to KC, they are what they are.
I'm actually interested in your opinions on Calvinist. Please share.

KC, every comment made by Jack Kelley in these posts reflects my opinion of the Calvinists. It's easier than me typing a book here.
http://gracethrufaith.com/?s=calvinists&x=0&y=0
28-01-2013, 04:41 PM
(28-01-2013 04:36 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  1) I'm a Christian.
3) You won't get banned.
Did I write Moses KC? Chalk that up to early stages of Altzheimers. Do you ever make mistakes?
Do you believe that Jesus died to pay the penalty for your sins and that faith in His sacrifice is the only thing necessary for salvation? That you can do nothing of yourself, other than believe, to be saved?
I do. I was just messing with you about that. That's actually a common joke.

Anyway, yes. The only way for salvation is through Christ because of His sacrifice. He imputed His righteousness upon His elect which granted them salvation. This enables them to have faith ie believe.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
28-01-2013, 04:43 PM
(28-01-2013 04:40 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm actually interested in your opinions on Calvinist. Please share.

KC, every comment made by Jack Kelley in these posts reflects my opinion of the Calvinists. It's easier than me typing a book here.
I would actually prefer you to point out specific claims instead of linking me a site with several different articles.

But, if you don't want to, no big deal.

28-01-2013, 04:45 PM
(28-01-2013 04:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:36 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Did I write Moses KC? Chalk that up to early stages of Altzheimers. Do you ever make mistakes?
I do. I was just messing with you about that. That's actually a common joke.

Anyway, yes. The only way for salvation is through Christ because of His sacrifice. He imputed His righteousness upon His elect which granted them salvation. This enables them to have faith ie believe.
Then as far as I am concerned you are saved and I apologize for my earler rudeness. I'm on an atheist site and it's easy to think I was talking to an atheist. As far as everything else I said, I stand by it. If you are a bible student then you should know how Jesus felt about atheists (His command to not cast pearls before swine was a direct reference to atheists).
28-01-2013, 04:46 PM
(28-01-2013 04:43 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:40 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  KC, every comment made by Jack Kelley in these posts reflects my opinion of the Calvinists. It's easier than me typing a book here.
I would actually prefer you to point out specific claims instead of linking me a site with several different articles.

I dont, I'm tired. If you dont want to read them that's fine.
28-01-2013, 04:49 PM
(28-01-2013 04:46 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:43 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would actually prefer you to point out specific claims instead of linking me a site with several different articles.

I dont, I'm tired. If you dont want to read them that's fine.
No problem.

It's just that I'm looking for your specific feelings. Many points are addressed there.

28-01-2013, 04:54 PM
(28-01-2013 04:45 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 04:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I do. I was just messing with you about that. That's actually a common joke.

Then as far as I am concerned you are saved and I apologize for my earler rudeness. I'm on an atheist site and it's easy to think I was talking to an atheist. As far as everything else I said, I stand by it. If you are a bible student then you should know how Jesus felt about atheists (His command to not cast pearls before swine was a direct reference to atheists).
Again... not a problem.

The "pearls before swine" thing is addressing teaching and sharing the Gospel. You aren't supposed to do it with people whom repeatedly mock, ignore, and discredit what you say. This doesn't mean to not share with non-believers, but it means that there is a limit to persistence.

However, you obviously didn't come here with an intent to share the Gospel because you don't want to "cast your pearls before swine".

With that being known, it appears that your intent is either 1) to have informative debates, 2) learn more about atheists, or 3) insult, flame, and berate them for their beliefs.

1 and 2 are okay, but 3 is unacceptable Christian behavior.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post