Poll: How do you feel about id/tracking chips for all citizens?
Strong like
Weak like
Indifferent
Weak dislike
Strong dislike
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Personal Identification Implants. OK to require?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2016, 03:43 PM
RE: Personal Identification Implants. OK to require?
No, I would refuse. I would even go so far as to immigrate to someplace else that did not have that. It's no ones business where I am. This is not the function of the government. I would fight this with every available resource I could muster.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
07-01-2016, 03:46 PM
(07-01-2016 03:43 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, I would refuse. I would even go so far as to immigrate to someplace else that did not have that. It's no ones business where I am. This is not the function of the government. I would fight this with every available resource I could muster.
Not because I want to argue, but just because I don't understand. Why does it matter to you if the government knows your current location? Assuming you aren't doing anything illegal on a regular basis, I just don't get why people care so much.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-01-2016, 03:46 PM
(07-01-2016 03:43 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, I would refuse. I would even go so far as to immigrate to someplace else that did not have that. It's no ones business where I am. This is not the function of the government. I would fight this with every available resource I could muster.

Did you refuse to buy a cell phone? Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
07-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Well here are the questions that would proceed.

1. Why? I already have my SSN memorized. Why would I need something stuck in my arm to remember it for me?

2. What benefits would I get if I had this chip locator?

3. My cell phone already has a locator in it. And that's on and near me at all times.

If your afraid of the government finding you. Your two late. Credit cards, drivers license, cell phones, street cameras. The only true way of never being found is to go off the grid. In this modern digital age good luck.

Just look at that idiot Afluenza Kid. Fled the country to mexico. Wasn't long before he was caught because he spent to much money in a strip club.

The only reason I could see why anyone would want such a thing is if they had alzheimer's. Or some sort of disease that would cause a person not to know where or who they are.

Maybe an inmate tracker.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
07-01-2016, 03:48 PM
(07-01-2016 03:36 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  Allegedly Aron Russo knew one of the rockefellers and implanting RFID chips is their long term plan.

I'll shut up with my wild conspiracy speculations anyway before this thread gets moved Facepalm

Of course. When I think "trustworthy sources corresponding to reality", I think infowars.
Dodgy

But seriously, the conspiracists have been saying that since computers were invented. What's the hold-up all ready?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busine...67215.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...94001.html

[Image: Aaron_Russo_with_Nicholas_Rockefeller.jpg]

Its happening anyway, wether russo spoke the truth or not.
07-01-2016, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 03:53 PM by Heatheness.)
Duplicated post - edited out....

07-01-2016, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 04:02 PM by Heatheness.)
(07-01-2016 03:46 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
Not because I want to argue, but just because I don't understand. Why does it matter to you if the government knows your current location? Assuming you aren't doing anything illegal on a regular basis, I just don't get why people care so much.

Because it's not the function of the government to track me or know where I am, I'm not government property. I am a human/person and I have a human right to not be tagged like livestock. It's no ones business where I am.

Do you want to give over every bit of information about yourself to me or to everyone? Why not? If you're not doing anything illegal why shouldn't I and everyone have every bit of information about you?

See how that works. Smile

Edit addition:

How many governments in the world now and in the past have done how many horrible things in the name of government necessity? Thousands. They don't need that information and the history of government power shows clearly they have and continue to abuse it in the worst ways imaginable. Governemnts haven't earned trust and I will not give it.

[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
07-01-2016, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 04:01 PM by bemore.)
(07-01-2016 03:31 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:30 PM)bemore Wrote:  They will need something anyway once they usher in the cashless society.

I'm indifferent. I used to care but societys apathy has wore me down.
What was your old stance?

I used to talk about this shit all the time. Then I realised I dont know and will never know the whos the whats and the whys so I got out of the game of trying to prove a point either way to make myself feel smug and like I have a handle on reality.

Its not like the world has a history of people oppressing other people and just because we are living our times now, doesnt necessarily mean people havent stopped trying or why it would be any different.

I dont give a fuck now. I just look at us as a species and its just the way we are evolving. There is always somebody trying to take over the world. History is littered with them Drinking Beverage

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
07-01-2016, 03:56 PM
(07-01-2016 03:46 PM)cactus Wrote:  

Did you refuse to buy a cell phone? Drinking Beverage

No, but I don't have to take my phone everywhere either nor do I have to carry it with the battery in it.

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
07-01-2016, 04:00 PM
(07-01-2016 03:48 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Well here are the questions that would proceed.

1. Why? I already have my SSN memorized. Why would I need something stuck in my arm to remember it for me?

2. What benefits would I get if I had this chip locator?

3. My cell phone already has a locator in it. And that's on and near me at all times.

If your afraid of the government finding you. Your two late. Credit cards, drivers license, cell phones, street cameras. The only true way of never being found is to go off the grid. In this modern digital age good luck.

Just look at that idiot Afluenza Kid. Fled the country to mexico. Wasn't long before he was caught because he spent to much money in a strip club.

The only reason I could see why anyone would want such a thing is if they had alzheimer's. Or some sort of disease that would cause a person not to know where or who they are.

Maybe an inmate tracker.
My opinions on your 1,2,3.

1. A way to identify an individual who isn't carrying their ID, leaving fingerprints, or has accessible dental records.

2. You would probably only get a benefit if you were in a disaster scenario. Maybe locked up abroad, or buried in an avalanche. Lost on a mountain or in a cave. Or if you were murdered/missing and your body needed to be located.

3. This might be true, but if you are counting on a cell phone for tracking, too many disasters would make a cell phone a non-reliable form of tracking (compared to a chip).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post