Poll: How do you feel about id/tracking chips for all citizens?
Strong like
Weak like
Indifferent
Weak dislike
Strong dislike
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Personal Identification Implants. OK to require?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2016, 04:01 PM
RE: Personal Identification Implants. OK to require?
(07-01-2016 03:56 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:46 PM)cactus Wrote:  Did you refuse to buy a cell phone? Drinking Beverage

No, but I don't have to take my phone everywhere either nor do I have to carry it with the battery in it.

In what scenario would you personally be convinced that you would need to leave your phone at home?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2016, 04:06 PM
(07-01-2016 03:51 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Because it's not the function of the government to track me or know where I am, I'm not government property. I am a human/person and I have a human right to not be tagged like livestock. It's no ones business where I am.

Do you want to give over every bit of information about yourself to me or to everyone? Why not? If you're not doing anything illegal why shouldn't I and everyone have every bit of information about you?

See how that works. Smile
Hmm, well I don't understand the desire to be "unfindable". It just doesn't click for me.

As for giving my information out. I already assume the government has my information and can find me if they want. I have no problem with that.
Giving my information out to strangers is completely different, and I don't see how that fits into the scope of the discussion. Unless you assume the chip is definitely something that any Scott or Betty can use to get your info without your consent. In my scenario lets say the chips really are secure and only a governmental entity had the power to use them for any purpose. if that were true does it change your stance? Without saying, "It's impossible for them to be totally secure."?

Again, I don't really want to compel you to agree with me, I'm just making conversation Smile.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-01-2016, 04:08 PM
(07-01-2016 04:01 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:56 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, but I don't have to take my phone everywhere either nor do I have to carry it with the battery in it.

In what scenario would you personally be convinced that you would need to leave your phone at home?

Irrelevant, the point is I don't have to or the other option is I don't have to load the battery until I choose.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
07-01-2016, 04:10 PM
(07-01-2016 03:48 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:36 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Of course. When I think "trustworthy sources corresponding to reality", I think infowars.
Dodgy

But seriously, the conspiracists have been saying that since computers were invented. What's the hold-up all ready?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busine...67215.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...94001.html

[Image: Aaron_Russo_with_Nicholas_Rockefeller.jpg]

Its happening anyway, wether russo spoke the truth or not.

If you change the entire thesis, then yes. Cashless society (read: vague term, but glossing as electronic means greatly preferred, which, y'know, has pretty much already happened) is not the same thing as ZOMG GOVERNMENTS WILL FORCE MICROCHIPS INTO YOUR CHILDRENS. Come the fuck on.

... this is my signature!
07-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Like we used to say in a different group. Apathy is rampant, but nobody cares!
I think it would be a good idea, kid lost in the mall, just dial his ID and s/he is found. 17 year old daughter not home at 10:30 go get her! Daddy isn't paying child support, bring him on. Grandma with Old Timers disease wanders off, no problem.
07-01-2016, 04:12 PM
All your info is being consolidated anyway. If you use google chrome like me then you can sign into your google account on any device and it has all of your bookmarks and browsing history.

This data is gonna be worth a lot of money to advertisers. The younger generation have grown up using the internet and a vast majority of them willingly give this data away to facebook. You dont need people spying on you when you willingly give this information away for free. Facial recognition software knows its you, your internet history knows more about you than you probably do and it never forgets.

I imagine that when technology gets to a certain point everything will be in "the cloud". You wont need an operating system other than a basic device to access the cloud. You will never have to upgrade, you wont be able to pirate movies/music/software as you will only be able to use cloud services.

And whilst this is going on, the NSA and GCHQ are monitoring everything. Why not just consolidate it into an implantable RFID chip??

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
07-01-2016, 04:13 PM
(07-01-2016 04:06 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:51 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Because it's not the function of the government to track me or know where I am, I'm not government property. I am a human/person and I have a human right to not be tagged like livestock. It's no ones business where I am.

Do you want to give over every bit of information about yourself to me or to everyone? Why not? If you're not doing anything illegal why shouldn't I and everyone have every bit of information about you?

See how that works. Smile
Hmm, well I don't understand the desire to be "unfindable". It just doesn't click for me.

As for giving my information out. I already assume the government has my information and can find me if they want. I have no problem with that.
Giving my information out to strangers is completely different, and I don't see how that fits into the scope of the discussion. Unless you assume the chip is definitely something that any Scott or Betty can use to get your info without your consent. In my scenario lets say the chips really are secure and only a governmental entity had the power to use them for any purpose. if that were true does it change your stance? Without saying, "It's impossible for them to be totally secure."?

Again, I don't really want to compel you to agree with me, I'm just making conversation Smile.

Who is the government? Politicians. Why would you trust them, they are all strangers and they do not have a trust inducing record. Beside, what legitimate reason would they need to track your whereabouts?

I did add/edit something else to my post but evidently not fast enough. Please take a look at the revised.

07-01-2016, 04:14 PM
(07-01-2016 03:51 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 03:46 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Not because I want to argue, but just because I don't understand. Why does it matter to you if the government knows your current location? Assuming you aren't doing anything illegal on a regular basis, I just don't get why people care so much.

Because it's not the function of the government to track me or know where I am, I'm not government property. I am a human/person and I have a human right to not be tagged like livestock. It's no ones business where I am.

Except, technically, it is, albeit only if you also think 'property' is a thing...

(07-01-2016 03:51 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  How many governments in the world now and in the past have done how many horrible things in the name of government necessity? Thousands. They don't need that information and the history of government power shows clearly they have and continue to abuse it in the worst ways imaginable. Governemnts haven't earned trust and I will not give it.

That's not something unique to "governments" as a (unnecessarily reified?) class, though. That's an occupational hazard of "groups of human beings".

... this is my signature!
07-01-2016, 04:15 PM
I am of two minds here, First post above, second opinion here: Don't you know that is how they are going to do the mark of the beast on us! God warned us of this in Revelation or Daniel or some fucking wheres!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
07-01-2016, 04:19 PM
(07-01-2016 04:14 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Except, technically, it is, albeit only if you also think 'property' is a thing...

(07-01-2016 03:51 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  How many governments in the world now and in the past have done how many horrible things in the name of government necessity? Thousands. They don't need that information and the history of government power shows clearly they have and continue to abuse it in the worst ways imaginable. Governemnts haven't earned trust and I will not give it.

That's not something unique to "governments" as a (unnecessarily reified?) class, though. That's an occupational hazard of "groups of human beings".

True but the criteria here is "government tagged". They are the group with which he says will have the power. I say they haven't earned it and that was my argument as to why.