Poll: How do you feel about id/tracking chips for all citizens?
Strong like
Weak like
Indifferent
Weak dislike
Strong dislike
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Personal Identification Implants. OK to require?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: Personal Identification Implants. OK to require?
(07-01-2016 04:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 04:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I disagree. Tagging a vehicle is not tagging a person and a vehicle is not a person and does not have rights. I am and do.

Things like a birth certificate, driver's license, social insurance number, passport, etc are already associated with you, the unique human being.

Thought experiment:
If a biometric device existed which would store and retrieve any other personal records or information, but operated solely at the discretion of the host, would you be opposed to that? As in, selectively engage whenver asked to present id or complete electronic payment or whatever. We're all just talking vague hypotheticals anyway, so what about that level of security?

No, because it's not about security. It's about privacy and at what level am I comfortable. My POV comes from a long term plan: I am in the process of going off the grid (or nearly so) when I retire. That is the working plan anyway. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2016, 04:54 PM
(07-01-2016 04:51 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 04:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Things like a birth certificate, driver's license, social insurance number, passport, etc are already associated with you, the unique human being.

Thought experiment:
If a biometric device existed which would store and retrieve any other personal records or information, but operated solely at the discretion of the host, would you be opposed to that? As in, selectively engage whenver asked to present id or complete electronic payment or whatever. We're all just talking vague hypotheticals anyway, so what about that level of security?

No, because it's not about security. It's about privacy and at what level am I comfortable. My POV comes from a long term plan: I am in the process of going off the grid (or nearly so) when I retire. That is the working plan anyway. Smile

Such an hypothetical device as I presented would be more private than carrying physical pieces of ID with you. Do you plan not even to do that?

Higher technology is beyond the means of any single individual, so you'll never be able to completely avoid interactions with others.

... this is my signature!
07-01-2016, 04:56 PM
(07-01-2016 04:54 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 04:51 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, because it's not about security. It's about privacy and at what level am I comfortable. My POV comes from a long term plan: I am in the process of going off the grid (or nearly so) when I retire. That is the working plan anyway. Smile

Such an hypothetical device as I presented would be more private than carrying physical pieces of ID with you. Do you plan not even to do that?

Higher technology is beyond the means of any single individual, so you'll never be able to completely avoid interactions with others.

I would have to give it some thought. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
07-01-2016, 05:18 PM
(07-01-2016 04:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  And then using 'B' to half-heartedly support an entirely different 'A'. That's the part I find odd.

"Fewer people conduct business with cash" does not equal "secret Rockefeller plot to microchip everybody". Even to you. Right?

I put forward a suggestion. Its not something I entirely believe in and I even mocked myself by posting the picture of those three wrestlers who made up the "NWO". I of course could go down the whole conspiracy route by posting other things that are probably just coincidental to try to make a case. There is no point though. I'm indifferent to it. I just raised it, that's all. I am allowed to voice my opinion and put forward a suggestion without having to back it up, because I have nothing to prove.

(07-01-2016 04:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I can trivially disprove that by pointing to the people here who used to be theists. Though I don't think it's really pertinent either way.

Ok I apologise and rephrase. I should have said you cant make anybody believe you.

(07-01-2016 04:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I mean, of course nobody knows everything - but there is only one actual common reality, and trying to get closer to it is something I find personally important to me.

I agree with you on that. However in the case of the conspiracy theory I put forward it cannot be proved definitely either way. Again, I just mentioned it and stated that we were headed towards a cashless society, which is what Russo said was the aim of what he was told. If he is telling the truth or not who know's???

(07-01-2016 04:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Is "just putting it out there" the new "just asking questions"? Hmm...

If you don't support something and can't back it up, why even present it? That's just a rhetorical question in general.

I'm open minded to if it is true or not. Maybe there is grains of truth in it somewhere (the conspiracy) I don't know. I'm not really that dedicated to it to go on a mission to try and prove something I am indifferent to.

I am sorry for swearing at you. I respect your knowledge but we are different. I am just chatting on here. I don't have a point to prove or feel the need to back it up to you or anybody else, which I appreciate is something which you would prefer.... Hard solid and logical proof.

I cant prove it. I can however mention it in passing, that's all I did.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
07-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Information is power.

Give government power, they'll use it.

And in most cases - not the way they told you they would. Expect abuse.

You can put a chip in me.

Right after the postmortem......................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-01-2016, 05:28 PM
You've already got one if you carry a smart phone.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
07-01-2016, 05:28 PM
(07-01-2016 04:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Thought experiment:
Would this device be located on the person? Or something more like a safe?

Nevermind I think you mean on the person. Interesting.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-01-2016, 05:46 PM
(07-01-2016 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You've already got one if you carry a smart phone.

I carry a dumb phone.....

It's registered to Arthur Dent....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-01-2016, 06:13 PM
(07-01-2016 05:28 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 04:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Thought experiment:
Would this device be located on the person? Or something more like a safe?

Nevermind I think you mean on the person. Interesting.
Also, I would be against this device as "required", but would have no problem with it as optional. If chips were installed I would like to see them used in law enforcement as well, and this device wouldn't work for that.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-01-2016, 06:22 PM
My problem with this is the safety and security of my body. Now instead of just stealing my purse or stealing my identity through cyber theft, my arm is going to be lobbed off or my eye will be plucked from my head to get to the chip inside of me.

No good can come of this.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post