Poll: How do you feel about id/tracking chips for all citizens?
Strong like
Weak like
Indifferent
Weak dislike
Strong dislike
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Personal Identification Implants. OK to require?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2016, 06:29 PM
RE: Personal Identification Implants. OK to require?
(07-01-2016 06:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  My problem with this is the safety and security of my body. Now instead of just stealing my purse or stealing my identity through cyber theft, my arm is going to be lobbed off or my eye will be plucked from my head to get to the chip inside of me.

No good can come of this.
I think if somebody was intent on stealing your identity they would be MUCH more likely to steal your purse rather than a body part Tongue. If anything, I think if personal ID was inside your body, identity theft would be much less common.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2016, 06:31 PM
(07-01-2016 06:13 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 05:28 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Would this device be located on the person? Or something more like a safe?

Nevermind I think you mean on the person. Interesting.
Also, I would be against this device as "required", but would have no problem with it as optional. If chips were installed I would like to see them used in law enforcement as well, and this device wouldn't work for that.

OK, first ones to get the chips are police and all elected officials. Let's see how that goes. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
07-01-2016, 06:35 PM
(07-01-2016 06:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 06:13 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Also, I would be against this device as "required", but would have no problem with it as optional. If chips were installed I would like to see them used in law enforcement as well, and this device wouldn't work for that.

OK, first ones to get the chips are police and all elected officials. Let's see how that goes. Drinking Beverage
Sounds like a good plan! Thumbsup

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-01-2016, 06:48 PM
I have a strong dislike for being chipped. I would, however like to have an extra CPU/array processor so that I can do tensor calculus in my head, and have it powered by beer.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
07-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Even though I voted a strong dislike I'm resigned to the fact that governments are following its citizens through cell phone conversations and other surveillance methods. I can't even go to the supermarket without being watched. We can partially thank mr and mrs terrorist for some of this.

I do like my privacy which is maybe a different topic. I don't post photos of my family or myself anywhere on the internet, I don't do facebook or any other social media stuff. TTA is it for me. I did post my wedding photos here on TTA a while back but it took my kids prodding and poking me to do it. It was a nerve wracking experience.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-01-2016, 06:55 PM
(07-01-2016 06:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I do like my privacy which is maybe a different topic. I don't post photos of my family or myself anywhere on the internet, I don't do facebook or any other social media stuff. TTA is it for me. I did post my wedding photos here on TTA a while back but it took my kids prodding and poking me to do it. It was a nerve wracking experience.

I can completely relate! I'm very reluctant to share too many identifying details online.
07-01-2016, 08:45 PM
(07-01-2016 06:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Even though I voted a strong dislike I'm resigned to the fact that governments are following its citizens through cell phone conversations and other surveillance methods. I can't even go to the supermarket without being watched. We can partially thank mr and mrs terrorist for some of this.

I do like my privacy which is maybe a different topic. I don't post photos of my family or myself anywhere on the internet, I don't do facebook or any other social media stuff. TTA is it for me. I did post my wedding photos here on TTA a while back but it took my kids prodding and poking me to do it. It was a nerve wracking experience.

I vacillate about posting a pic occasionally, but always fall back on the side of not posting. I don't have that ease with the internet that a lot of people have. My wife posts all kinds of crap on FB which is no one else's business, including my photo. I don't even have a FB account
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
07-01-2016, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 09:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-01-2016 06:48 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I have a strong dislike for being chipped. I would, however like to have an extra CPU/array processor so that I can do tensor calculus in my head, and have it powered by beer.

Yes! I need an implant just to understand tensors, let alone tensor algebra or tensor calculus.

Oh, and can you help me grok this? It's been itching my ass for years now. I understand the words but I don't grok what they're saying.
[Image: euler.png]

#sigh
07-01-2016, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 09:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-01-2016 08:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 06:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Even though I voted a strong dislike I'm resigned to the fact that governments are following its citizens through cell phone conversations and other surveillance methods. I can't even go to the supermarket without being watched. We can partially thank mr and mrs terrorist for some of this.

I vacillate about posting a pic occasionally, but always fall back on the side of not posting. I don't have that ease with the internet that a lot of people have. My wife posts all kinds of crap on FB which is no one else's business, including my photo. I don't even have a FB account

Jesus fucking Christ old man. Your wife has already plastered your mug all over the internet with metadata including your name, marital status, toilet paper preference, etc. and you're reluctant to post your pic anonymously on a tiny atheist pub at the end of the internet? Relax, brother. If Interpol was here the slowminded dimwiited assassin would have been gone long ago.

#sigh
07-01-2016, 09:17 PM
I'd only have a problem with the constant locator beacon idea!

It may be irrational, or silly! It may be dangerous, or risky! But every once in a while I'd like to go hiking through a pristine natural setting with out any computerized technology on me at all, and without some one who I'd like not to have to talk to, till I'm done, being able to find me and infringing upon my highly valued private time!

With a cell phone, I got the locator, but I can leave it in the friggin car before I take off out into the woods to eat a squirrel, or howl at the moon, or any number of other things that aren't illegal, but that I don't want people to know about that happen to be none of their business, anyway! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post