Poll: How do you feel about id/tracking chips for all citizens?
Strong like
Weak like
Indifferent
Weak dislike
Strong dislike
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Personal Identification Implants. OK to require?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2016, 10:57 PM
RE: Personal Identification Implants. OK to require?
I would only accept personal identification and tracking implants if they were implanted in the left hand or forehead of users, and were necessary in order to participate in commerce.

Seriously though we aren't far away from this voluntarily with smart phones. People are willing to trade a lot of privacy for a little convenience. Myself included.

Hrrm.

Phone on left hand.
Google glass on forehead.
NFC payment.
Prophecy fulfilled!

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
09-01-2016, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 12:54 AM by DLJ.)
(08-01-2016 10:57 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  ...
the left hand or forehead

I don't know which is more sinister.

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-01-2016, 06:46 AM
Oops. I got it wrong. It was the right hand after all. Revelation 13:
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
09-01-2016, 07:09 AM
I'm strongly against it.
All the privacy we give up for a little convenience as Hafnof says is still voluntary and to the large extent can be stopped or circumvented , this would take it beyond it being voluntary.
And I don't see any realistic benefits from it.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
09-01-2016, 12:00 PM
(08-01-2016 09:07 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-01-2016 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I understand that this is the face of God. Closest I got to grokking it was this dude where I went yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, what the fuck?!?!? Hobo

OK, he's yakking a lot, and the words on the left are moving around, so I can't tell what he's talking about, just when. Do you have the original post that he talks about?

Here it is.

(08-01-2016 09:07 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Also, if you have an MS degree in CS, maybe you are pulling my leg. Consider I am one suspicious SOB, sometimes. Usually, too late.

Nope. I had some hairy mathematical logic and numerical analysis classes but didn't encounter the face of God until a couple of years ago. i as an exponent is fucking with me and i^i? dafuq is that.

#sigh
09-01-2016, 12:02 PM
(08-01-2016 10:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(08-01-2016 05:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You think that's enough? You keep thinking that. Location apps, we don't need no stinkin' location apps.

Did you miss the 'and'?

I'll give you a clue though.

What's harder than finding a needle in a haystack?

Smartass

Finding hay in a stack of needles?

#sigh
09-01-2016, 01:58 PM
(09-01-2016 12:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-01-2016 10:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Did you miss the 'and'?

I'll give you a clue though.

What's harder than finding a needle in a haystack?

Smartass

Finding hay in a stack of needles?

No, dumpling, finding a needle in a stack of needles.

Meanwhile, I just watched the Euler vid, above, and noticed that the presenter missed a bit ... he forget to mention why it matters.

Dodgy

09-01-2016, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 02:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-01-2016 01:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Meanwhile, I just watched the Euler vid, above, and noticed that the presenter missed a bit ... he forget to mention why it matters.

Now that I can answer. At least from the face of God perspective. It relates the additive identity 0, the multiplicative identity 1, the transcendental numbers pi and e, and the imaginary number i using all of the operations of arithmetic (equality, addition, multiplication, and exponentiation). It ties everything together. It is the Grand Unified Theory of mathematics aka the face of God.

(09-01-2016 01:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  No, dumpling, ....

Call me dumpling again and I'm gonna ... Consider ... do something like dumpling my ass on your face, darling. Angry

#sigh
09-01-2016, 02:12 PM
(09-01-2016 01:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 12:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Finding hay in a stack of needles?

No, dumpling, finding a needle in a stack of needles.

Meanwhile, I just watched the Euler vid, above, and noticed that the presenter missed a bit ... he forget to mention why it matters.

Dodgy

Let's look for a particular piece of hay in a hay stack, OK?
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
09-01-2016, 08:42 PM
It's kind of a funny topic for me really having spent some time living in countries where the notion of getting dragged outta your bed in the middle of the night and being macheted/shot by someone in the government is an actual daily concern. It's one of those topics that really makes the divide between those who have never seen any REAL political conflict first hand and those of us that have. Not a judgement either, I wish the rest of the world could be as stable as North America has been the last few generations.

Maybe chipping government representatives and lobbyists with a publicly accessible database.... Tongue

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.