Personal Issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2014, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2014 04:40 PM by errorist.)
Personal Issue
Hello and greetings everyone

I don't particularly know what to start with.

About 2 years ago my father had passed away while I were in college in another far city. I have 4 older step brothers and 3 younger siblings. One of the step brothers took over the money and inheritance handling as the rest were busy with work and I were busy with college. Issues started to surface since then as he wouldn't allow me to take my whole rights and then taking my siblings to live with him and basically taking my lawful guardian rights. I looked aside as arguments were useless since I don't have an income or time to look after them. Then more issues started to surface as they would tell me from time to time how he hit them and I would make him promise to stop. Since he's my older brother and I respected and loved him since my childhood. Also he was my living idol as he went to the hardest university in the country and got a near perfect grade. I went to the same university and saw how rare that is.
Anyway as more hitting complaints got to me and with more problems regarding my inheritance that he was handling, I started to demand rather than ask. It was useless and later he wouldn't allow me to see my siblings or talk to them without him listening or reading what they told me on phone. And it got to a certain weekend that I would involve the cops in the situation. However our eldest step brother calls me and tells me he will round us all up and have a dinner together. Then abruptly ends the call. However I find later the intention was to tell me that my younger sister have died. From what my other sister said, he was sexually harassing them and beat my sister up in fear of her pregnancy. She died while chocking on her blood while asleep. And they skipped telling me the whole weekend and told me the week after. Which caused me legal issues to this day. Since he took her death certificate which will allow us to continue the court case to protect his brother, it also doesn't allow me to provide evidence to my university about my absence in the semester that I got banned in. My brother took all the money I own with him to prison, as it keeps pouring each month and I'm needing to borrow from every person I know.
I'm facing hard odds to go back to my college or even any college. Finding work in this city is very hard as I don't have a car or a driving license. I can't go back home since my brother took over everything legally. And in the midst of losing my room and things I lost my love of 5 years. I sought help from the university but they only gave me papers to go to a mental institute. I got diagnosed with some depression and gave me pills which I no longer use. The hospital is pretty far.

So if you have advice or anything.. really I got no one to talk about my problems with. And it's pretty embarrassing I'm not using my usual internet nickname in here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Personal Issue
(16-10-2014 04:34 PM)errorist Wrote:  Hello and greetings everyone

I don't particularly know what to start with.

About 2 years ago my father had passed away while I were in college in another far city. I have 4 older step brothers and 3 younger siblings. One of the step brothers took over the money and inheritance handling as the rest were busy with work and I were busy with college. Issues started to surface since then as he wouldn't allow me to take my whole rights and then taking my siblings to live with him and basically taking my lawful guardian rights. I looked aside as arguments were useless since I don't have an income or time to look after them. Then more issues started to surface as they would tell me from time to time how he hit them and I would make him promise to stop. Since he's my older brother and I respected and loved him since my childhood. Also he was my living idol as he went to the hardest university in the country and got a near perfect grade. I went to the same university and saw how rare that is.
Anyway as more hitting complaints got to me and with more problems regarding my inheritance that he was handling, I started to demand rather than ask. It was useless and later he wouldn't allow me to see my siblings or talk to them without him listening or reading what they told me on phone. And it got to a certain weekend that I would involve the cops in the situation. However our eldest step brother calls me and tells me he will round us all up and have a dinner together. Then abruptly ends the call. However I find later the intention was to tell me that my younger sister have died. From what my other sister said, he was sexually harassing them and beat my sister up in fear of her pregnancy. She died while chocking on her blood while asleep. And they skipped telling me the whole weekend and told me the week after. Which caused me legal issues to this day. Since he took her death certificate which will allow us to continue the court case to protect his brother, it also doesn't allow me to provide evidence to my university about my absence in the semester that I got banned in. My brother took all the money I own with him to prison, as it keeps pouring each month and I'm needing to borrow from every person I know.
I'm facing hard odds to go back to my college or even any college. Finding work in this city is very hard as I don't have a car or a driving license. I can't go back home since my brother took over everything legally. And in the midst of losing my room and things I lost my love of 5 years. I sought help from the university but they only gave me papers to go to a mental institute. I got diagnosed with some depression and gave me pills which I no longer use. The hospital is pretty far.

So if you have advice or anything.. really I got no one to talk about my problems with. And it's pretty embarrassing I'm not using my usual internet nickname in here.

It all sounds very odd and depressing.
Is there legal aid where you come from?
16-10-2014, 04:44 PM
(16-10-2014 04:42 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  It all sounds very odd and depressing.

I signed up but they said it will take 6 months.
16-10-2014, 04:49 PM
(16-10-2014 04:44 PM)errorist Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 04:42 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  It all sounds very odd and depressing.

I signed up but they said it will take 6 months.

Where are you located?
16-10-2014, 05:01 PM
(16-10-2014 04:49 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 04:44 PM)errorist Wrote:  I signed up but they said it will take 6 months.

Where are you located?

Saudi Arabia
16-10-2014, 05:13 PM
(16-10-2014 05:01 PM)errorist Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 04:49 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Where are you located?

Saudi Arabia

Well welcome to the forum!
Perhaps someone else will hop in with some advise.
16-10-2014, 05:29 PM
You say that he is in prison? Do you know for how long? Is there a way you can step in to take over things since he is unable to do so?

It seems he screwed you out of everything while you were away, do the same to him. If he is incarcerated then he is not present to handle his affairs or those of the family.

You need legal counsel, you need your license, you need a job, and you need to go to a courthouse or someplace to get custody of your siblings and GTFO.

How old are your siblings? Can they support themselves?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-10-2014, 08:31 PM
(16-10-2014 05:29 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  You say that he is in prison? Do you know for how long? Is there a way you can step in to take over things since he is unable to do so?

It seems he screwed you out of everything while you were away, do the same to him. If he is incarcerated then he is not present to handle his affairs or those of the family.

You need legal counsel, you need your license, you need a job, and you need to go to a courthouse or someplace to get custody of your siblings and GTFO.

How old are your siblings? Can they support themselves?

He is in prison but without trial since a year, since I need my sister's death certificate for the trial. They put my siblings with one of my step brothers but he can barely afford it but the rest of the family helps them, our money still goes to the jailed brother bank account. I asked him to give things back but he denied me for over half a year. They are 17 and 13. And I am looking for jobs but they don't call me back because they want people with car license. It's hard to find work with my high school degree.
16-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Surely there is an office that keeps track of such things? Have you contacted them and asked them how to obtain a certified copy?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-10-2014, 10:34 PM
(16-10-2014 09:23 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Surely there is an office that keeps track of such things? Have you contacted them and asked them how to obtain a certified copy?

There was a paper for burial that I need to get the certificate. My eldest brother tricked me and got it and took it with him in his city. He has a family tho I don't want to involve him with forgery.